• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Major score at Best Buy.

Picked up all these BD's for $45 with tax:

Dredd
Chronicle
Drive
The Raid: Redemption
Groundhog Day
Jurassic Park
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3

Best Buy is running their ridiculous deal where you can bring in any DVD and get $5 towards any bluray over $9.99. And they have a ton of BD's for $9.99 right now. I also had a $10 coupon.

They limit the deal to 5 discs at a time but most of the time they'll just do multiple transactions to get around that for me.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^How long and at how many Best Buys does that run for?

I just picked up The Seventh Seal and Tokyo Drifter on Criterion Blu-ray.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They usually do it for a week, from Sunday. It happens a lot. I always wait for that sale because I have piles of crap DVD's, and their normal prices on BD are horrible (unless you get them to price-match Amazon).

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, good to know. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Unfortunately, my local Best Buy went out of business, but there's another one about 20 minutes away from me. Will definitely participate because I have too many DVDs.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if they have different days depending on the country, but I was at Best Buy tonight and the end date was August 15th.

Radzinsky

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last Blu-Ray I bought was the box set of LOST. Fair investment that was, I'd say.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shaud of the Dead + Hot fuzz double feature, Shaun of the Dead labeled: WIDESCREEN 1.33.1 [rich evans]Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa![\rich evans]

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Family Favorites: 10-Movie Collection
- Cloak & Dagger (1984)
- Wizard, The (1989)
- Cop and a Half ( Cop and ½ ) (1993)
- King Ralph (1991)
- Matinee (1993)
- Sgt. Bilko (1996)
- Ghost Dad (1990)
- Ed (1996)
- Simple Wish, A (1997)
- Borrowers, The (1997)

American Pie Presents - 4-Play Pack (Unrated)
- American Pie Presents Band Camp (2005)
- American Pie Presents: The Naked Mile (2006)
- American Pie Presents: Beta House (2007)
- American Pie Presents: The Book of Love (2009)(R-rated and Unrated)

Esther Williams, Volume 1 - TCM Spotlight
- Bathing Beauty (1944)
- Easy to Wed (1946)
- On an Island with You (1948)
- Neptune's Daughter (1949)
- Dangerous When Wet (1953)

The "Family Favorites" set was only 12.50$, but unfortunately they crammed those 10 movies on 3 DL DVD's. Would have prefered if they had been 5 DL discs, or if the 3 discs were double-sided, but at least it's an official release from Universal so the quality can't be all that bad, right?. :lol: The "American Pie" set was only 10$, and the Esther Williams set was only 15$. When I went in last week they were asking 50$ or 60$-something for it. So glad I decided to check the price again. :lol:

Edit: Just checked the HMV website and they've still got the Esther Williams box set at the pre-sale price, 64.99$. Fifty bucks off, talk about a deal!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Starship Troopers: Invasion on bluray, Probably the best film since the first which I know isn't saying much but it really is mindless CG entertainment.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SOLOMON KANE.

This movie is a couple of years old but it never received a North American theatrical release and just came to Blu Ray here a week or two ago. This a FANTASTIC MOVIE! This is an origin movie and not a direct adaptation of any one particular Robert E. Howard story but it perfectly captures the mood, adventure and violence of Howard's works. Highly recommended to any fans of Howard. :love:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just traded in some Disney Movie Rewards points for a free copy of the Tron Blu-Ray combo pack and the Tron: Legacy Blu-Ray 3D combo pack.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cleared out some games to make way for GTA V and used my credit note to pick up the following blu rays:
The 40 year old virgin
Star Trek: into darkness
Up!
The Princess & the Frog
L.A Confidential

oh and I have Iron Man 3 due to arrive in the post any day now.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just redeemed some more Disney Movie Reward points for a free copy of The Muppets Blu-Ray combo pack. I don't know if it's the regular combo pack or the "Wocka Wocka Edition" one, but the pic they showed was the "Wocka Wocka Edition" one. Guess I'll just have to wait until it gets here to find out. :lol:

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dexter Season Five
Resident Evils Apocalypse and Extinction. I wonder what I'm going to do with those?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Aztek463 said:
Resident Evils Apocalypse and Extinction. I wonder what I'm going to do with those?

More booty shots? :p

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to Goodwill today and picked up V.I. Warshawski, the original Hollywood Pictures/Buena Vista release, not the newer Mill Creek one.

Also got the following VHS tapes:

- Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
- The Birdcage (remake)(Screener)
- Before And After (Screener)
- I Love Trouble

Their VHS tapes are 2 for 99 cents so that's why I got "I Love Trouble".

Top Bottom