• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought the Pierce Brosnan Bond films (Goldeneye, World is Not Enough, Die Another Day) from wal-mart. was kinda sad to see Tomorrow Never Dies not included. But for $10 not gonna complain. Gonna probably pick up the Sean Connery vol. 1 and 2 sometime down the road.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boondock Saints (original) 2-disc "Steelbook" for only $5. The deleted scenes are quite grainy.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Traded in a few anime boxsets I never watched (and was likely to never aget around to watching) and picked up the following on blu ray Shelock Holmes & sherlock holmes: game of shadows. Mission Impossible ghost protocol. I also bought the Jurassic Park trilogy on BR.

And on DVD, zombieland, clerks II, and The Raid (kinda wish I'd held out for a BR copy)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to Best Buy on Black Friday, long after the freaks had crashed the gates, to see what I could find left. Pretty much left with everything I wanted/could afford without my wife killing me.

Breaking Bad Seasons 1-4 Blu-Ray ($11 per season)
Prometheus 3D BD/BD 4 disc set ($14)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes BD ($9)
Planet of the Apes Five Film Collection BD ($20!!!!!!!)

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Jaws, E.T. and Titanic on Blu-Ray during an Amazon Black Friday sale. Got the three discs for $35.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
Planet of the Apes Five Film Collection BD ($20!!!!!!!)

SWEET DEAL!!!

Picked up the THE EXPENDABLES 2.

Really looking forward to listening to the commentary, as I am curious if anything will be said about the Chuck Norris scenes. When watching, all his scenes seemed to be shot/cut differently, almost as though maybe he was not on set for many of the main shooting scenes (ie. the airport battle), as his interaction with the BIG THREE seemed very limited. In particular the final helicopter shot, I thought was strangely cut. I thought for sure there would be at least one scene with all FOUR Classic Heroes in the same shot, would have made an awesome screensaver! :D

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah amazon's black friday I got the Indy blu ray box set for £30 and Toy story 1-3 for £13 (most likelty gonna be someone's christmas present)

megafat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the Red vs Blue 10th anniversary Blu-Ray. It's sweet.

I also got Hardware (1990) and Max Payne on Blu-ray too.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Picked up Jaws, E.T. and Titanic on Blu-Ray during an Amazon Black Friday sale. Got the three discs for $35.

I had to restrain from buying Jaws and E.T. at the super prices because they're on my Christmas list. Someone best be getting me those.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They Live: Collectors edition. At first glance i thought it was a bargain dvd, judging by the box art, wich reminded me of madacy entertainment type packages, but it's a pretty decent dvd all around, nice encode too (though i think it could have looked better if it were a bit grainier and less prestine looking).

Sherlock Holmes: Liked it.

We Own The Night: fucking brilliant, 'specially the car chase and the music for the car chase. And the car chase was awesome, especially the whole part where they chase the cars, that part was wicked.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
They Live: Collectors edition. At first glance i thought it was a bargain dvd, judging by the box art, wich reminded me of madacy entertainment type packages, but it's a pretty decent dvd all around, nice encode too (though i think it could have looked better if it were a bit grainier and less prestine looking).

That would be the Scream Factory release. They're a division of Shout! Factory.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up "Whiteout" and the original "Miracle On 34th Street" on DVD from Wal-Mart for 5$ a piece.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WAL-MART is the place to pick up dvds right now, their pre-Boxing Day dvd sales are fantastic.
James Bond blu-rays for 7 bucks! Prometheus for 10 bucks! Breaking Bad season sets for 15 bucks!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Mars Attacks on BD.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
WAL-MART is the place to pick up dvds right now, their pre-Boxing Day dvd sales are fantastic.
James Bond blu-rays for 7 bucks! Prometheus for 10 bucks! Breaking Bad season sets for 15 bucks!

Yeah, I didn't even know about that sale until I showed up there. They only had a couple of the Bond films though at the one I went to, and I definitely would have picked up Prometheus if they had it on Blu-Ray for 10$ but they only had the DVD at that price. Although I'm holding out for the 3D Blu-Ray so I can get that extra Blu-Ray disc with 4.5 hour documentary and extra bonus features.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up "I Know Who Killed Me" and "Basic Instinct 2 (Unrated Extended Edition)" on DVD for 3.49$ each. Both brand new.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol: I haven't seen either one yet, plus I had a 10$ gift card, so I figured what the hell. They had a really shitty selection too because the store is in liquidation right now. All the DVD's are 30% off, but what's left isn't really worth it. On the plus side though "I Know Who Killed Me" includes an "extended strip dance scene". :D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well if you enjoy Sharon Stone's fake old lady boobs you're in for a treat. And if you want to see LiLo play the only stripper known to man to NOT take off her clothes, you'll have a blast.

Top Bottom