• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I've only seen the first one, and that was like 10 years ago. I seem to remember enjoying it though so I decided, what the hell. You get the first one and two of the 4 sequels for 5$. Even if I don't like them it's still a pretty good deal.
Yeah I guess $5 for three movies, one of which you enjoy, isn't a bad deal. I've never seen any of the movies so I guess I really can't pass judgement.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DominicCobb said:
Yeah I guess $5 for three movies, one of which you enjoy, isn't a bad deal. I've never seen any of the movies so I guess I really can't pass judgement.

Yeah, and the best thing is is that they give you the actual discs that come in the standalone releases instead of just sticking all 3 on one disc, or one movie on it's own and the other two on a flipper disc. That also guarantees that they didn't re-author the discs and leave the extras out.

And even if I don't enjoy them at least I get to look at pretty girls in cheerleader outfits. ;) :lol:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far in 2012...

$217 spent on DVDs to use in fanedits (not including DVDs/BDs bought so I can view fanedits).

For Scream Giallo specifically - $84... all for like maybe 5 minutes of footage

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have too much money. Would you like my paypal address?

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avengers on blu ray arrived today :D
Also I ordered Vampire's Kiss which is kinda like a stupid version of American Psycho, Nicolas cage is unintentionally hilarious with awful overracting, I think it may be my favourite Nic Cage movie.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Also I ordered Vampire's Kiss which is kinda like a stupid version of American Psycho, Nicolas cage is unintentionally hilarious with awful overracting, I think it may be my favourite Nic Cage movie.

Love this scene.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just picked up the new Halloween II release from Shout! on Blu-Ray. I went to Wal-Mart first, thinking they'd have it cheaper than Best Buy or HMV, but they didn't even have it. Then I went to Best Buy and they didn't even have it at the front with the rest of the new releases, it just came out this Tuesday. In fact I couldn't find it anywhere in the store. I had to ask an employee and he didn't even know that they had released it so he got a guy from the warehouse to check. That guy wasn't even aware of it being released either. He checked the computer and found that they had them in the back so he went to get me one.

BTW, why is it that when you go to one of these stores and ask an employee if they have a certain title the first thing they do is go check the racks? Don't you think I've already done that? I mean why would I come to you in the first place if I didn't look for it myself already? I even told the second guy that the only copy of Halloween II that they had on the racks was the first release from Universal but I was looking for the new release from Shout! What does he do? He goes to H's on the Blu-Ray rack and hands me a copy of the Universal release. :nono:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
The original Halloween 2?

Yes. This is the original Blu-Ray release from Universal that I already had, and this is the new release that I picked up today. The new release contains both the theatrical cut and the television cut. And unlike the tv cut of the first Halloween released by Anchor Bay the tv cut of Halloween II is in the proper tv aspect in which it was aired. Hopefully it'll be the actual tv cut though and not an unrated version in anamorphic widescreen like Anchor Bay did for the first Halloween one.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
BTW, why is it that when you go to one of these stores and ask an employee if they have a certain title the first thing they do is go check the racks? Don't you think I've already done that? I mean why would I come to you in the first place if I didn't look for it myself already? I even told the second guy that the only copy of Halloween II that they had on the racks was the first release from Universal but I was looking for the new release from Shout! What does he do? He goes to H's on the Blu-Ray rack and hands me a copy of the Universal release. :nono:

Working in a retail store myself, I can tell you that 9 times out of 10 when a customer asks "Do you have BLANK?" I go to the shelf and there it fucking is.

And I can assure you around 74% of people working in retail don't give a fuck about their job. So there's that too.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Hopefully it'll be the actual tv cut though and not an unrated version in anamorphic widescreen like Anchor Bay did for the first Halloween one.

*fingers crossed*

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whenever I used to go to the Best Buy that used to be near me (before it shut down), I would get annoyed with the guys who would always ask if I was looking for something. Yes, I am looking for something, and I know damn well where to find it. So I never understood these guys. Until one day this older woman was in the DVD section and one of the guys asked her if she was looking for something, she said yes and he found it for her. By picking it off the shelf.

Moral of the story: some people are f*cking stupid. Some people have to deal with these f*cking stupid people. These people might be f*cking annoying. Don't get annoyed by them. They're probably more annoyed then you.

WyndorfDave

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I enjoy going to my local Best Buy to find a clerk and ask him for the most obscure title I can think of knowing they don't have it, ya know, to give them SOMETHING to do.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Working in a retail store myself, I can tell you that 9 times out of 10 when a customer asks "Do you have BLANK?" I go to the shelf and there it fucking is.

And I can assure you around 74% of people working in retail don't give a fuck about their job. So there's that too.

Well in the first guy's defense as soon as I told him that I had already checked the new release section he stopped dead in his tracks and told me he'd go check the computer. I followed him to the customer service desk and he checked the computer, then we went to the Blu-Ray section and I told him that I had already checked there too and they only had the Universal release which came out last year. He then stopped another employee to help with the search. When they couldn't come up with it they found a guy who works in the back. Despite the guy from the back handing me a copy of the Universal disc when I had just told him that the only one they had on display was the Universal disc and I already had that one he did go check the computer and then went into the back and came back with the proper release.

They were all very nice and helpful. It just kinda bugs me when I do ask them if they have a certain title they automatically go check the new release section. I can understand your point though. I guess for every 9 idiots who don't know how to look for something there's that one guy, or gal, who does look around before asking for help. I just happen to be that smart guy stuck in a valley of idiots.

What bugs me even more is when a new title comes out, and they advertise it on their website as having it at that particular location, but when you go they don't even have it. I mean they have it, they just didn't bother putting it out front where anybody who wants to buy it can grab a copy. And it's not like they sold out of the ones that were on display or anything, they just never put it out. This is the second time this has happened to me, at the very same Best Buy. The first time was for the third season of Quincy, M.E. I guess they figure the smaller titles, or re-issues, are going to be as in-demand as the latest tv show or blockbuster so they can wait a while before putting it out.

Rogue-theX said:
*fingers crossed*

I had me a double feature tonight. I watched the alternate tv cuts of both Halloween and Halloween II, because I can never watch just one or the other, and it is indeed the actual tv cut of Halloween II that's included. The movie is presented in 1.33:1, has been edited for content and includes the new scenes. I guess until Anchor Bay, or Shout! if they can acquire the rights, releases the proper tv cut of the first Halloween film I'll just have to make do with my copy of the original tv broadcast of the film.

DominicCobb said:
Whenever I used to go to the Best Buy that used to be near me (before it shut down), I would get annoyed with the guys who would always ask if I was looking for something. Yes, I am looking for something, and I know damn well where to find it. So I never understood these guys. Until one day this older woman was in the DVD section and one of the guys asked her if she was looking for something, she said yes and he found it for her. By picking it off the shelf.

Moral of the story: some people are f*cking stupid. Some people have to deal with these f*cking stupid people. These people might be f*cking annoying. Don't get annoyed by them. They're probably more annoyed then you.

I never have a problem with them asking me if I'm looking for something, I mean they're just doing their job. And occasionally I am looking for something that I can't find so it's nice not to have to go looking for them. Sometimes though it's like they've got practically nobody working in the store. And I've actually been approached by people looking through the DVD's/Blu-Ray's for help in finding a title, even though I don't work there. I'm always more than happy to help.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
The TV cut is on a dvd right?

Yeah. The first disc is a Blu-Ray with the theatrical cut and all the extras, and the second disc is a DVD with the tv cut. The only extra on the DVD is a .pdf of the script.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bam, I'll have to add that one to my list then.

Top Bottom