• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remake. I haven't seen the Romero original. I enjoyed the remake a lot.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll get around to getting the original as well. Just haven't been able to find it. But it wasnt like it was a terrible waste of time or money purchasing it, it was only $2.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The remake was a piece of shit. See the original instead.
LOL. Cut to the chase, goddammit :lol:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The remake was a piece of shit. See the original instead.

the original had it's fair share of problems as well.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
I'll get around to getting the original as well. Just haven't been able to find it. But it wasnt like it was a terrible waste of time or money purchasing it, it was only $2.

Even at just 2$ I'd have to debate on whether I should get it or not. :lol:

nOmArch said:
the original had it's fair share of problems as well.

It may have, but it was leaps better than the remake.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bondukkevin said:
la confidential

:thumb: That's my boy! Did you get the old school one-disc snapcase DVD or the more recent 2-Disc Special Edition?

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
:thumb: That's my boy! Did you get the old school one-disc snapcase DVD or the more recent 2-Disc Special Edition?

The one-disc snapcase DVD I am afraid. Really forgot what a great film it is as not seen it for about 14 years. Got it for £1 here in the UK. I agree with the changes you made though, the ending just seemed a bit too happy and the Russell and Kim scenes seemed to slow down the story IMO.

The extras are pretty decent on the one-disc edition though.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOTR Extended Edition BD trilogy. :eek:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With the good colors, or the crap colors?

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:

U.S. version, prolly crap colors :-( I think it might be worth it for the sake of an extended BD edition and all those special features, but I'll definitely hold onto my DVD's.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:

Not that I'm interested in picking up any of the LOTR films, in any version or format, except maybe the Ralph Bakshi animated one, but what's this about good colors and bad colors?

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Not that I'm interested in picking up any of the LOTR films, in any version or format, except maybe the Ralph Bakshi animated one, but what's this about good colors and bad colors?

Peter Jackson pulled a George Lucas with the colors for the BD extended editions. They're kinda tinted now, supposedly more noticeably in FOTR, and it has sparked some controversy.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:
Peter Jackson pulled a George Lucas with the colors for the BD extended editions. They're kinda tinted now, supposedly more noticeably in FOTR, and it has sparked some controversy.

I never expected Peter Jackson to pull a George Lucas. Has he messed with the movies in any other way?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuickCut said:

My GF bought me this bluray set (extended version)
Only saw FOTR for now and although the HD is very good, I agree that I prefer the color of the DVD...:-(
The theatrical version bluray of FOTE does not have this problem I think, but the quality of the HD is known to be subpar.

The extended two other movies don't have this color "problem" from what I read or saw on the web.

It is to mention that Peter Jackson personally made an annoucement (after the problem was rumored on the internet) that he is pleased with this extended bluray set (to each his own...)

PS: the movies are the same. Just this "green" tint on FOTR extended version

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought the Coen Brothers BD set because it was $25 and because Raising Arizona is the greatest movie of all time.

In reference to the LOTR Extended BD's, has anyone tried to color correct them? I would buy the set if I knew I could make myself a proper looking copy.

Top Bottom