• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't buy these, got them for Christmas.

Blu-Ray:

Halloween II (original, not Rob Zombie one)
Scream
Scream 2
Scream 3
Scream 4

DVD:

Helldriver (Japanese zombie movie from the people who brought us Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police)
The Big Bang Theory Season 4 (Wal-Mart Exclusive, came with free Sheldon t-shirt)
Family Guy Vol. 9

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Helldrive: Japanese zombie movie from the people who brought us Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police
If you've got any more similar titles (I've got MG and TGP too), feel free to share them with me :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
If you've got any more similar titles (I've got MG and TGP too), feel free to share them with me :)

I've also got Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police, as well as Robo Geisha and Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl.

If you haven't seen it I'm sure you'll pick it up after you watch the trailer. It's insane! :lol: I'd also definitely recommend Takashi Miike's Ichi The Killer. Not as out there as the others, can't comment on Helldriver as I haven't watched it yet, but definitely extreme, and awesome. Make sure you get the unrated cut though. Although I don't think they sell the R-rated cut anymore.

Here's the trailer for Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl

Just discovered the trailer for Mutant Girl Squad.

Never heard of this, but definitely want to pick it up now.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up:

American Dad Vol. 5 (DVD)
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo pack)
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest (Blu-Ray+DVD Combo pack)

American Dad Vol. 5 was finally on sale. For some reason the last time they had the American Dad's on sale they only had Vol. 1-4, at 9.99$, and Vol. 6, at 19.99$. Vol. 5 was regularly 38.99$, but on sale for 9.99$. The two "Girl" movies were 11.99$ each. I already had the second film, had bought it used at Blockbuster a while back, so I was really happy to see them on sale at Best Buy.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I already knew about Robo Geisha and Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl, but never got around to actually buying/watching them.
I actually have a 2-disc version of Ichi the Killer :)
I'll look around for RG/VGvsFG in the shops next time I'm there, thanks :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought Robo Geisha the day it came out, Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl I got from my dad. He bought it but thought it was stupid, which is weird because he's got Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. If you have the 2-disc edition of Ichi The Killer then you've got the unrated cut. Did yours come in a blood bag? Mine did, but all the liquid has since evaporated. lol

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Social Network
Quantum of Solace
The Matrix Blu-ray
Warrior
The King's Speech

Matrix Blu-ray was only $5.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope, no blood bag. 'Twas the regular 2disc edition :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Nope, no blood bag. 'Twas the regular 2disc edition :)

I'm pretty sure the discs are the same, just different packaging. The blood bag packaging is cool, but the discs kinda stick to the plastic.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Christmas gifts: I got The Grudge 1 & 2 on dvd, along with Submarine (british coming of age film) and Machete.

I bought myself The Jurassic park Trilogy on Blu Ray
And I've also bought the Tintin cartoon collection which aired in the 1990's as a sort of precursor to the Spielberg film.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Christmas gifts: I got The Grudge 1 & 2 on dvd...
And I've also bought the Tintin cartoon collection which aired in the 1990's as a sort of precursor to the Spielberg film.
Could've sworn that said The Grinch instead of Grudge :lol:
I've been wanting to get my hands on the Tintin collection ever since I saw they got a DVD release. I owned every single one on VHS.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
all BD:
Space Battleship Yamoto
Beatlejuice
American Beauty
V for Vendetta
T2
L.A. Confidential
Batman Bigins

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
L8wrtr said:
all BD:
Space Battleship Yamoto
Beatlejuice
American Beauty
V for Vendetta
T2
L.A. Confidential
Batman Begins

And a grand total of $50, or close to it, right?

felipemeyer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm trying not to buy any new dvds or bds before i bring my collection back from São Paulo, but bought the XXX BD as a christmas gift for a friend and couldn't resist when i saw the original Tron DVD on sale :p

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
And a grand total of $50, or close to it, right?

Minus Space Battleship Yamoto, that was purchased separately for $29. The other 6 were a total of $49.49. With a $50 gift card from work, Amazon owes me 51 cents. ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man About The House (Series 1 & 2)

This is the British show that Three's Company was based on. It was in the 1$ bin at Zellers.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BD: -
Clone Wars Season 3
Pirates 4
Superman Collection

DVD:-
The Ladykillers (remake)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yakuza: L'ordre du Dragon (Like a Dragon French BD version)

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
police squad £2
cloverfield £1
I am legend £1.50
lethal weapon £1

Top Bottom