• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
American Dad Vol.1
American Dad Vol.2
American Dad Vol.3
American Dad Vol.4

Best Buy was charging 39$ for the first 3 and 37$ for the fourth one but Future Shop had all four on sale for 10$. So I went to Best Buy, told them, they compared the price and beat it by 10% so I got all four volumes for 6.99$ plus tax each. Talk about a deal. :lol:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
American Dad Vol.6 (20$)
Night At The Museum Collection (Blu-Ray)(13$)

I wish I had given American Dad a second chance when it first came on the air. I watched the first episode and didn't like it but figured it had to get better. Watched the next 2 or 3 episodes and still didn't like it so I stopped watching. When I saw how great a deal I could get on the first four volumes, thanks to Future Shop having them on special and Best Buy's price match & beat deal, I decided to splurge and get all four. I mean it only cost me 28$ for the lot compared to the 154$ that Best Buy was asking without the discount so even if I still didn't like it it wasn't that great of a loss. Turns out I didn't know what the hell I was thinking when I first saw the show because now I love it. I watched 11 of the 13 first volume episodes back-to-back on Thursday.

For some reason Best Buy now has the first four volumes on sale for 10$ each and volume 6 is on sale for 20$, but Vol. 5 is still going for the full regular price of 40$. Rather odd that they'd have every one on sale except for one, and it's not even the most recent release either. When I bought the first four volumes they had several copies of Vol. 5 in stock but now that the others are on sale they have zero copies of Vol.5 in stock, at least on the shelves that is. If they had I would of brought up the subject and hopefully would have gotten a deal out of it. Couldn't pass up getting Vol.6 at 20$ though, which is 50% off their regular price.

And just like the Family Guy DVD's, they have a shitload of deleted scenes. I'm really glad that the animation is finished on them too because that is one of my major pet peeves about animated films. I'll get all excited to hear that they include deleted scenes but they always turn out to be pretty much in storyboard form. I'm thinking I might re-instate some of those deleted scenes from American Dad back into the episodes. The masturbation episode has a few good ones so I'll probably start with that one. Was also thinking about creating an extended version of the 2-part episode where they move to Saudi Arabia but that isn't possible since the post opening credits, although these two episodes don't have actual opening credits, from the second episode go on for almost 3 minutes. Maybe I'll just leave them as separate episodes and try to re-insert the delete scenes anyways.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu:
Taxi Driver
Dr Strangelove
There Will Be Blood
Xmen 3

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lexx: eps. 409 - 412
classic sci fi tv pack: 150 eps. (looking thru titles = "holy shit!")
Warriors: 50 movie pack (looks like it may have some of the "sons of Hercules" movies, hopefully the theme song is in one of them movies, because its the greatest song OF ALL TIME!)

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hudson Hawk Special Edition DVD: $5

Impulse buy at the check-out line.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu-Ray: (both $8 each on sale)
Sin City
Memento

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Lexx: eps. 409 - 412

Is that from the original Canadian releases? The ones that actually have extras on them? I used to love that show and have been tempted to pick up the recent full season releases but they appear to be bare bone releases. I might be mistaken but I think they're also the televised versions as well as opposed to the uncensored and extended episodes that the previous releases, like the one you bought, contained.

I just picked up Night Of The Creeps on Blu-Ray for 17$ at HMV.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yep, i think so
t30353ufxyu.jpg

*Acorn media 2003, features: "audio: 5.1 surround/stereo, deleted scenes, LEXX-rated poster gallers, cgi gallery,behind the scenes photos, storyboards, production sketches, interactive trivia, original uncut episodes including scenes not aired on tv, scene index"

It was 2.99 at zellers ;)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Yep, i think so
t30353ufxyu.jpg

*Acorn media 2003, features: "audio: 5.1 surround/stereo, deleted scenes, LEXX-rated poster gallers, cgi gallery,behind the scenes photos, storyboards, production sketches, interactive trivia, original uncut episodes including scenes not aired on tv, scene index"

It was 2.99 at zellers ;)

Wow! I wish they had those at the Zellers around here. I've been to 4 Zellers and never came across any Lexx DVD's. I did grab Oldboy for 2.99$ from there though, and they also have Election 1 and 2 for the same price, and in any other store they're selling them for close to 30$ each.

Just went to Blockbuster and they're selling all their used DVD's and Blu-Ray's for 30% off. That location isn't closing but one of the downtown ones is, at that one you can get everything at 30% off although I'm assuming snacks aren't included in that. :lol:

I picked up:

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Blu-Ray) 6.99$
Sex And The City 2 (Blu-Ray) 6.99$
The Final Destination (Blu-Ray) 4.99$
Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (Blu-Ray) 6.99$

The prices listed include the 30% off.

I also found a copy of the Criterion Collection edition of Robocop for 16.99$, about 12$ with the discount. I was surprised to find it there, especially at that low a price. I checked the back for the Blockbuster sticker and it was dated April 2011 so somebody must have traded it in. I grabbed it right away. I already have the trilogy box set on DVD but as I recall it was worth some money. I just checked Amazon.com and you can actually get it for pretty cheap. About 34$ brand new and as low as 8$ used. It's going for more on Amazon.ca though. Two copies for 80$ new and one for 113$. Used it's going for for between 18$ and 38$, with one listed as a collectible going for 68.88$. What exactly qualifies a DVD as a collectible on Amazon? I'd understand if multiple editions of a DVD were released but Criterion only ever releases one edition of each title.

I didn't realize it until I got home but I picked up the wrong Harry Potter movie. I didn't notice which one it was but assumed it was the most recent one. I've already got the first 6 on DVD so I was thinking about returning it but I think I'm going to keep it. Why the hell not, right? I've got it on DVD but not on Blu-Ray. And it was only 6.99$ so no great loss.

Also I only picked up The Final Destination because it was only 5$. I've seen it and thought it was stupid but I've got the DVD box set of the first 3 films and figured for 5$ why not finish the collection, at least until the fifth film is released this summer.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ended up trading in the Harry Potter Blu-Ray I bought yesterday for Anti-Christ. The HP BD was supposed to be a 2-discer but it only had the first disc. I can get the 2-disc set brand new for the same price that Blockbuster is charging for just the movie disc so no way am I paying the same amount for a used copy.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Horror classics anniversary edition (50 movies)
Pulse: unrated
Dead men dont wear plaid

Hey Frantic, was there any decent flicks in that Drive In collection?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Hey Frantic, was there any decent flicks in that Drive In collection?

To be honest with you I haven't watched any of them yet. I've only seen one of them though and I thought it was meh. The titles and descriptions sounded great though, and I love exploitation/grindhouse movies, so it wasn't even a question for me. At 12,99$, at least that's what they're selling those packs at the Zellers around here for, for 32 movies you can't really go wrong.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
London, Not Tennessee - Otis Lee Crenshaw (Rich Hall)

Absolutely brilliant!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently picked up:

- The Big Bang Theory: The Complete First Season (20$)
- The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Second Season (30$)
- The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season (27$)
- Superman: The Movie (4-disc edition)(10$)
- Superman II (2-disc Theatrical Cut)(10$)
- Superman II (Richard Donner Cut)(5$)
- Superman III (5$)
- Superman IV (5$)

All brand new.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blues Brothers Extended Cut Blu Ray

OK it's a pre-order but I'm still super stoked for it!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
breaking bad seasons 1-3 dvd's
the world at war series bluray
platoon 25th anniversary bluray
transformers 2 bluray
memento 10th anniversary bluray
bad lieutenant bluray

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Repo Men dvd
Rambo DC bluray
Expendables Collector's Edition bluray
Battlestar Galactica S1 bluray
Legend of the Fist bluray
Lemmy bluray
Bronson dvd
Shanghai Knights & Shanghai Noon dvd
Flyboys dvd
Sons of Anarchy S1 dvd
Corleone mini-series dvd
Ghost Writer dvd
Mr Nobody bluray
Law Abiding Citizen bluray
Platoon bluray
Legend of Bruce Lee bluray
X-Men trilogy bluray

Also got this dvd set, exclusive to subscribers of one of our country's newspapers, De Morgen (i.e.: The Morning):
Bad Lieutenant
Léon DC
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Righteous Kill
The Box
Michael Clayton
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
The Bank Job
The Shawshank Redemption
Brooklyn's Finest

These are pretty much the most important additions since my last post on this thread.

Following nomArch's lead: I also pre-ordered the Star Wars Trilogy Blu Ray set (9 discs) the minute it became available :)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Tracy Fragments: for no other reason than to just add another Ellen Page film to my collection :/

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Galen_Marek_True_Jedi said:
Also got this dvd set, exclusive to subscribers of one of our country's newspapers, De Morgen (i.e.: The Morning):
Bad Lieutenant
Léon DC
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Righteous Kill
The Box
Michael Clayton
What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
The Bank Job
The Shawshank Redemption
Brooklyn's Finest

Can you give a little more info about this DVD set? Did you have to buy it or was it a gift because you subscribe to the newspaper? Is it an actual box set or just individual releases?

Top Bottom