• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good news on the deleted scene from Seed Of Chucky, the audio commentary is optional. :)

Went out today and picked up:

Hellraiser (Blu-Ray)(6$, brand new)
CSI: Miami (Season 7)(25$)

Now I just have to pick up Season 8 and I've got a complete set, until season 9 comes out that is.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Evangelion 2.22 in preorder (not out here yet) so I should have that just in time for my birthday week off work.
Also picked up Ninja Scroll: the series in a steel tin for £10.
Not a lot out at the moment, might wait for Harry Potter when they inevitably release both parts in a twin pack.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Shining (Miniseries)(5$)
Dog Bite Dog (Dragon Dynasty)(1$)
Cloud 9 (1$)
Blonde And Blonder (1$)
Young Thugs: Nostalgia (1$)
Bad Girls From Valley High (1$)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2-disc)(1$)
The Wind (1$)
Pumping Iron II: The Women (5$)

I was real lucky to find Pumping Iron II: The Women there, especially for 5$, because if you check Amazon.com or .ca you'll find that a new copy will set you back anywhere from 229.90$ (US) to 246.90$ (Canadian). Used they go for 124.99$ to 169.99$ US. My copy is used but for 5$ I'm hardly going to comlain. :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Pumping-Iron-...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1305152305&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.ca/Pumping-Iron-W...K77A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305152359&sr=1-3

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Women with muscles = YUK!

Sell it and never mention it again :p

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The Shining (Miniseries)(5$)
I know people think of Kubrick's as the best version (it's certainly creepier) but I did enjoy the series for it's exposition on the other characters. Even giving Dick O`Halloran something a bit more to do than get an axe in his chest :) it's just a shame the guy they cast i nthe series wasn't quite as good an actor as Scatman Crothers. I've never read the book but I like certain aspects of the tv version more than the 80's film, there's certainly a lot more plot covered including motives and the kid with slightly buck teeth, it just explains simple things like why they call him Doc.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
I know people think of Kubrick's as the best version (it's certainly creepier) but I did enjoy the series for it's exposition on the other characters. Even giving Dick O`Halloran something a bit more to do than get an axe in his chest :) it's just a shame the guy they cast i nthe series wasn't quite as good an actor as Scatman Crothers. I've never read the book but I like certain aspects of the tv version more than the 80's film, there's certainly a lot more plot covered including motives and the kid with slightly buck teeth, it just explains simple things like why they call him Doc.

I haven't seen the miniseries since it originally aired on ABC, pretty sure it was ABC, back in 1997 but I seem to remember the miniseries being much creepier than Kubrick's version. I was suprised to see that it's actually in widescreen too, and according to DVD Compare it's anamorphic, because it was shown in full screen on tv. The downside is that the deleted scenes, 11 of them totaling about 15 minutes iirc, are all in full screen. Other than that the quality of the deleted scenes seem to be about the same as the film itself. Would be cool if they'd be anamorphic cause I might have tried to do an extended edition :lol: But I think 4 hrs. and 33 minutes is long enough. :lol: And I don't know why I listed 5$ as the price, I actually paid 8$ for it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The downside is that the deleted scenes, 11 of them totaling about 15 minutes iirc, are all in full screen. Other than that the quality of the deleted scenes seem to be about the same as the film itself. Would be cool if they'd be anamorphic cause I might have tried to do an extended edition :lol:

If the quality is pretty much the same you should do an experiment and zoom/crop those 4:3 scenes to 16:9 to see if there is a noticeable difference. If not I say go for the extended edition. I'd love to see it.

As for recent purchases I ordered Fringe seasons 1 and 2. After the season 3 finale I couldn't say no. Fringe is just too good a series to pass up.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Centurion
the Road Warrior
Tron Legacy
Troy (theatrical cut)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Stepfather Remake (it was $7)
Frozen
Battlestar Galactica Season 1, 2, and 2.5 (paid bout $28 for the three seasons, used. but the discs are in really great condition. Though, Im trying to trak down Season 3, 4, and 4.5 as well as Razor for good prices. I may even attempt to get The Plan but haven't heard much good things bout it)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Greatest American Hero (The Complete Series)(Mill Creek Version)(14.83$)
Knight Rider (Season One)(80's)(14.99$)
Crank/Crank 2 2-pack (Blu-Ray)(9.99$)
Rambo (Extended Cut)(Blu-Ray)(9.99$)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Transformers: The Complete First Season (25th Anniversary)(14.83$)
She-Ra: Princess Of Power - Season One, Vol.1 (9.99$)
She-Ra: Princess Of Power - Season One, Vol.2 (9.99$)

I was really tempted to get all four seasons of Transformers, they were all 14.83$, but I haven't seen the show in well over 20 years so I wanted to make sure I wasn't spending my money on nostalgia for nothing. :lol:

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I haven't seen the show in well over 20 years so I wanted to make sure I wasn't spending my money on nostalgia for nothing. :lol:

Agreed, I've done some blind purchasing for Dogtanian, Thundercats and Eerie Indiana and none lived up to my childhood expecations.
That said I did enjoy still A Boy called Woof, Are you afraid of the Dark? and Round the Twist.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Crossing Jordan: Season 1 (20$)
Cookie's Fortune (3$)
SNL: The Best Of Dan Aykroyd (3$)
SNL: The Best Of Gilda Radner (3$)
SNL: The Best Of Jon Lovitz (3$)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
21 Jump Street: The Complete First Season (Anchor Bay, used)(5$)
21 Jump Street: The Complete Third Season (Anchor Bay, used)(9$)

Ziggy Stardust

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Clockwork Orange 40th anniversary set. BLU-RAY
The Bridge on the River Kwai box-set BLU-RAY
A Clockwork Orange DVD
Barry Lyndon DVD
The Shining DVD
Full Metal Jacket DVD

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist