• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Daredevil

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't see a thread on here about it, but I think we should all be talking about how fantastic the new Netflix Daredevil series is. Like, seriously great. I'm 4 episodes in and I am unbelievably impressed. There's a fight scene at the end of the second episode that literally made my jaw drop. They're giving Banshee a run for their money in the TV-Action department, for sure.

There's also a steallar performance by Vincent D'Onfrio as Wilson Fisk. His take on the character is very interesting and unpredictable.

Daredevil has always been one of my favorite heroes, so to see him realized so perfectly is very exciting. I can't wait to get through the rest of the episodes.

Anybody else binging this on Netflix?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed. Incredible series. I am up to episode 8 and I am completely astounded.

The brutality and length of the fight sequences are jaw dropping.

The casting is very close to perfect. Though I must admit D'Onfrio's interpretation of Kingpin was not what I expected or how I always thought of the character but it has very quickly grown on me.

Hoping to finish the remainder of the series tonight if life remains distraction free....lol

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Agreed. Incredible series. I am up to episode 8 and I am completely astounded.

The brutality and length of the fight sequences are jaw dropping.

The casting is very close to perfect. Though I must admit D'Onfrio's interpretation of Kingpin was not what I expected or how I always thought of the character but it has very quickly grown on me.

Hoping to finish the remainder of the series tonight if life remains distraction free....lol

Wish I could do that, but I have a soccer game to watch, a game of thrones to watch, and a fanedit to finish. I'm swamped!

Tomorrow though. Tomorrow is my Daredevil day.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't gotten into it yet, but I hope to soon. I've actually been watching TNG. I'm into season 6 and pretty close to the point where I'll start alternating between TNG and DS9.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I felt they tried to "humanize" Kingpin to much.
He was almost in tears at some point and petty bout what occured on his date.
this guy is supposed to be mean and ruthless.
But i can see why they went with Netflix, not sure network tv would allow most of the violence in this show.
Love the opening graphics.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seen the first ep, really liked it. Will continue to watch.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Screen Rant has posted an Easter Egg list from the series.... many I missed completely.

http://screenrant.com/daredevil-netflix-easter-eggs-spoilers/

So I wonder if "the coming War", mentioned by Stick will be the unifying story thread for all 4 series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) that leads into THE DEFENDERS?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty minor, but I couldn't help but wonder if they intentionally had Matt quoting Ash from Alien. "...micro changes in air density..."

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I noticed that too. They must've done that on purpose.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marvel/Netflix does not provide an audio description version for blind Netlix subscribing Marvel fans.

hawkward.png

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What an amazing show. 4 episodes in and blown away. Everything about this production is just so spot on, but the cherry on top has to be the fight choreography. For anyone wanting to be instantly convinced, watch the last 10 minutes of episode 2. Jaw dropping!

Nimibro

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you liked that scene, wait until episode 5 (there's another amazing one-shot scene) - The whole show is astounding, especially the take on Kingpin and his whole character arc.

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just watched the fourth episode and it's great. Quite violent, but not on the levels that Luther reached.
Bit of a weak stomach there.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I tried Frink. I really tried.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, I know. They don't call me Master of the Lore for nothing. ;)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the hezzup on this show, fanedit brothaz. It's purdy enjoyable so far. Just finished the second episode, which ended with a very noss, oldboyesque fight scene.

(I see everything thru an oldboy lens because. . . because of my avatar.)

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might have to check this out. I loved Daredevil as a kid, but had no intention of checking this out as I'm not really into the MCU (most of the movies are okay, but I only really enjoyed the first 2/3 of Iron Man). And they are okay as movies but I can't imagine a "weekly" hourlong holding my attention in that universe. But I just read a review that stated this series has more in common with the series Hannibal than it does with the MCU and certainly Agents of Shield. Would those of you that have been watching agree? I love Hannibal and a show that bold a about Daredevil sounds awesome.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished binging the series yesterday, loved it, and it proves that Marvel can even do dark stuff well. That being said, didn't care for the final costume, wished that it was something like the 2003 movie by the way of the MCU Captain America outfits.

But seriously, how can Disney be okay with Kingpin decapitating a man via slamming car door, and then show the headless corpse a couple of times, but still force the actors to say "motherfreaking?"

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the first two episodes this afternoon and they show a lot of promise. Better than Agents of SHIELD in my opinion. I'm planning on watching one or two episodes a day to stretch it out.

Top Bottom