• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hey Dude

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone ever watch this Nickelodeon series? It was about teens that worked on a dude ranch during the summer. I used to watch it religiously back in the day.

I've started a blog in which I'm going to be reviewing every episode of the series. You can check it out here.

HA! i remember watching this show. i watched pretty much everything on nickelodeon in the late 80's through the 90's as i slowly transitioned to MTV and VH1.
i haven't thought of this show for years so it didn't occur to me until clicking your link that the blonde girl i had a huge crush on was Christine Taylor. so . . thank you for that at least.

I actually stayed at the ranch that the show was filmed near and partially in! Tanque Verde! Loved loved loved this show when I was growing up. This was around 1994 or 1995. I believe the show had wrapped at that point as the main check in area from the show had a bunch of piled up boxes and the sets looked a little rundown. The pool was part of where we stayed and I swam in that everyday that I was there.

The sets are still standing, abandoned and in much disrepair, to this day:

A mini-reunion took place at Huffington Post last year:

I keep confusing this thread with the thread where those other two FE guys can't find their car.

musiced921 said:
I actually stayed at the ranch that the show was filmed near and partially in! Tanque Verde! Loved loved loved this show when I was growing up. This was around 1994 or 1995. I believe the show had wrapped at that point as the main check in area from the show had a bunch of piled up boxes and the sets looked a little rundown. The pool was part of where we stayed and I swam in that everyday that I was there.

Same! Tanque Verde Ranch in Tuscon, Arizona. I went there with my parents when I was 11 or 12.

Geoffrey Darby, the executive producer of the series, has posted two outtakes videos:

Someone did a parody song/video:

Here's a full 25th anniversary reunion panel from last year:

Missed this thread before but wow there's some fun stuff here. I haven't thought about the show in a long time, although I referred to Christine Taylor as 'Melody from 'Hey Dude' ' until about 2009 or so.

thecuddlyninja said:
I referred to Christine Taylor as 'Melody from 'Hey Dude' ' until about 2009 or so.

You can do so again. Christine has gone on record about how a bunch of the old "Hey Duders" (including Paris Hilton) have come out of the woodwork and approached her everywhere.

This was one of my favorite shows when I was a little kid, but as a young adult I found them unbearable to watch. I wonder if I would have a different opinion of them now, but I'm not wondering hard enough to find out.

Back
Top Bottom