• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Avengers: Extended Edition by samspider3

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I decided to make this now that Age of Ultron is going to be released soon. But more important than that, i began this project because when i was an intern in HBO Latin America, I knew a friend that asked me to make an Extended Edition and I accepted the request.

This Extended Edition is some kind of an aproximation to a Director's Cut, since Joss Whedon had some interesting Ideas that in the end he had to take them out from the movie. Eleven minutes were restored to this Fan Edit. What are the differences?

-The movie Opens Differently. Maria Hill is being Interrogated about the Chitauri attack and her thoughts about the Avengers.

-An Action Sequence was restored, and it's probably the only one that I could save because the other ones did not have the special effects completed. To the record, I decided not to use the scenes with incomplete SFX this time, contrary to my Amazing Spider-Man 2 Fan Edit.

-Alternate Conversation between Nick Fury and the Council about The Avengers and Hawkeye inserted.

-Captain America adapting to our times, talking to the Waitress and going to the Gym. Plus, now Stan Lee has 2 Cameos xD.

-Nick Fury questioning Maria Hill's loyalty in one scene.

-Loki and Hawkeye discuss their plans to test the Avengers, physically and pshycologically. This is an important scene because it shows that Loki's plan was to do that all the time. In the original movie, it feels a little bit convenient. It's a little plot hole.

-Bruce Banner and the security guard talk about his condition, and the influence of the Security Guard on Bruce about his control on Hulk.

-Waitress scenes restored to give the movie a human perspective about the Battle. I cut all the parts where Men in Motion Capture suits are visible or poor special effects.

-Different Ending, continuing Maria Hill's Interrogation scene.

Also, Colours were corrected to adjust to the movie itself. Hope I can get your interest on this project :).

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great movie and I'm looking forward to seeing this with the proposed changes/restorations!

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely interested in this, if only for the Steve scenes that are being added back in. Those really never should have been removed.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds exciting! I'm looking forward to this!

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
samspider3 said:
An Action Sequence was restored, and it's probably the only one that I could save because the other ones did not have the special effects completed.
Which scene in particular is it?

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One scene where Loki and Hawkeye are escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D . Nothing transcendental, but it's an extended edition, so... :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I took it upon myself to watch the deleted scenes a few weeks back after I popped in the Blu Ray again, and it always baffled me why Whedon had to make those cuts... Although a very interesting and engaging scene, I can understand why the Hill interrogation was cut, but the discussion between Loki and Hawkeye, and the additional scenes with Steve and the waitress?? Those should have been kept in, period. If you watch the theatrical, they linger on that waitress for far too long even though you have no clue who she is, and you see her again during the interview reel, and it still feels off... At least with those scenes with Cap intact, you understand the deal.

I always hate it when editors miss out on those little things. If you're going to remove a scene, at least take the time to backtrack and make sure you haven't missed any references to it... It's such an easy thing to do.

The discussion between Banner and the guard was weird as hell too... First I thought, what the hell is he guarding any way? And then he takes on a mentor/guidance counselor kind of role, even though neither the audience nor Bruce have ever met the guy. :)

Avid4D

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey samspider3 your listing says the original runtime and your fan edit runtime are the same (143 mins) but 11 mins was added. Have you also removed 11 mins of scenes? If so, what have you removed?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
He told me it was a mistake so... the fanedit is 154 minutes

D.Vice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there any word on when this will be available on FE.info?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=10695]ac77[/MENTION],if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
I took it upon myself to watch the deleted scenes a few weeks back after I popped in the Blu Ray again, and it always baffled me why Whedon had to make those cuts... Although a very interesting and engaging scene, I can understand why the Hill interrogation was cut, but the discussion between Loki and Hawkeye, and the additional scenes with Steve and the waitress?? Those should have been kept in, period. If you watch the theatrical, they linger on that waitress for far too long even though you have no clue who she is, and you see her again during the interview reel, and it still feels off... At least with those scenes with Cap intact, you understand the deal.

^Oh, man. This. This. A thousand times, this! :) Those scenes with the waitress at the end makes no sense because of that scene that got cut earlier.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, especially since that's a recognizable actress (Ashley Johnson) who I remember from "Growing Pains" and other stuff. It's like if the guy playing Galaga was Steve Buscemi. You'd be like "He's... he's gonna come back, right?"

Hero

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haven't watched the Avengers since it came out on blu. It's really cool because this is something I might have done.

davidm24fr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
D.Vice said:
Is there any word on when this will be available on FE.info?

Yes, Where can we find this edit? It will be so good if I can Watch it before the next movie !!!!!

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=6609]davidm24fr[/MENTION], if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remember to vote it for Fan Edit of the Month if you like it, please :D

Top Bottom