If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Article: Orson Welles "Lost" movie is found, restored, uploaded for free & "fanedited"
You can view the page at http://www.fanedit.org/content.php?1059-Lost
I had read about its discovery a while ago, but had no idea that this is what they were going to be doing with it. Awesome!

Also, it took a little bit of searching to find the reimagined version on the website. If you'd like to read more about it (and the notes for both it and the full-length version are very extensive and interesting), you can do so here.
Criticism is good. Suggestions are better.
ONGOING: Hebrides's Box o' Tutorials
so this isn't a collaboration between [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19767]NewSpock[/MENTION]? ;-)
so there's the work print and the re-imagined version?
jswert123456 Wrote:so there's the work print and the re-imagined version?

Yes. The workprint is all the discovered footage (Including alternate takes) presented as found. The Reimagined version is an attempt to mould the material into something approximating what they think the finished version might have been.

It was to have been part of multi-media live stage-show (A radical, probably unique idea for 1938) but the theatre turned out not to have the facility to project the footage. By the way, it was Joseph Cotton's first ever film...

[Image: too-much-johnson.jpg]
Wow. Astonishing! And can I just say that I love the Film Foundation, for restoring it and for making it free? Smile
Thanks for sharing this! Interesting to see more speculative reconstructions of unfinished films, like what is currently being done with The Other Side of the Wind.

From the Too Much Johnson: The Films Reimagined statement by Scott Simmon:

Quote:This reimagining of the Too Much Johnson films is necessarily only one guess among many. Now that the work print is available for streaming and downloading, let’s hope that other reconstructions will follow and inspire a staging of the Mercury Theatre’s 1938 multimedia production.
Watchmen: Midnight (HD remastered version forthcoming)
Flixcapacitor Wrote:From the Too Much Johnson: The Films Reimagined statement by Scott Simmon:

This reimagining of the Too Much Johnson films is necessarily only one guess among many. Now that the work print is available for streaming and downloading, let’s hope that other reconstructions will follow

That basically sounds like an open invitation to fan edit. I love it! Big Grin