• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: Orson Welles "Lost" movie is found, restored, uploaded for free & "fanedited"

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had read about its discovery a while ago, but had no idea that this is what they were going to be doing with it. Awesome!

Also, it took a little bit of searching to find the reimagined version on the website. If you'd like to read more about it (and the notes for both it and the full-length version are very extensive and interesting), you can do so here.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so this isn't a collaboration between [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19767]NewSpock[/MENTION]? ;-)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
so there's the work print and the re-imagined version?

Yes. The workprint is all the discovered footage (Including alternate takes) presented as found. The Reimagined version is an attempt to mould the material into something approximating what they think the finished version might have been.

It was to have been part of multi-media live stage-show (A radical, probably unique idea for 1938) but the theatre turned out not to have the facility to project the footage. By the way, it was Joseph Cotton's first ever film...

too-much-johnson.jpg

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. Astonishing! And can I just say that I love the Film Foundation, for restoring it and for making it free? :)

Flix Capacitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for sharing this! Interesting to see more speculative reconstructions of unfinished films, like what is currently being done with The Other Side of the Wind.

From the Too Much Johnson: The Films Reimagined statement by Scott Simmon:

This reimagining of the Too Much Johnson films is necessarily only one guess among many. Now that the work print is available for streaming and downloading, let’s hope that other reconstructions will follow and inspire a staging of the Mercury Theatre’s 1938 multimedia production.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Flixcapacitor said:
From the Too Much Johnson: The Films Reimagined statement by Scott Simmon:

This reimagining of the Too Much Johnson films is necessarily only one guess among many. Now that the work print is available for streaming and downloading, let’s hope that other reconstructions will follow

That basically sounds like an open invitation to fan edit. I love it! :D

Top Bottom