• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: James Bond 007: Never Say McClory Again:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I grew up watching Bond on ABC Saturday night movies. So when I heard Connery was coming back as Bond I was incredibly excited, and me and my friends went to see it the first weekend. It was...Ok. Over the years the flaws of "Never Say Never Again" have become much more clear to me, not the least of which is it never SOUNDED like a bond movie. The cheesy theme song and odd jazz-riffs were out of place. And the director clearly had some cheeky moments he was WAY too attached to.Yet within is a real Bond movie, and this edit brings it out in force. From the first PROPER through-the-barrel shot I was back in Bond-land. All the music hit perfectly. Fight scenes that inexplicably had NO music before now have tunes I recognize. The fight and chase scenes are tightened, and the overall pacing is much improved.Never Say Never Again is now a movie I can enjoy on its own merits, without apologizing for it! My only request is could we get a better quality video? A couple of the scenes darken quite a bit.

More...

Back
Top Bottom