• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Article: Global Password Reset

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A little more advance warning would be nice next time. I was out of the house most of the day, and didn't see notice of this until it was a done deal.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We made a post on Monday in the Site Updates thread and made several posts throughout the week on Facebook and Twitter.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, apparently we're on Facebook and Twitter...

TheFoo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since the password reset, and after changing to a compliant password (8 Character, mix of alpha and numeric) I can no longer access any of the pages on the "NEWS" section, or the link above. For example, the link above, when clicked, gives me the following message:

TheFoo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I believe I've done what was requested. Please advise.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TheFoo said:
Since the password reset, and after changing to a compliant password (8 Character, mix of alpha and numeric) I can no longer access any of the pages on the "NEWS" section, or the link above. For example, the link above, when clicked, gives me the following message:

TheFoo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I believe I've done what was requested. Please advise.

Give it a try now. You should be good to go.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had do reset my password three times before I was able to get Tapatalk to accept it but everything seems to be working for me now.

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to change my email, but it's not taking.

JEDIT:Nevermind. Got it all sorted out. :)

Jax20

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was able to reset everything, thanks a lot to the patient admins

TZLEDZEP22

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My IP address for my computer was banned when I tried to do this. All I need to do was to change my password.

Marcus Andrews

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I too am having that problem, I can't change my e-address-- clicking 'Save Changes' does nothing.
{btw, I have not changed my password; I have kept the one given by the global reset.}

SilverWook said:
I'd like to change my email, but it's not taking.

JEDIT:Nevermind. Got it all sorted out. :)
How exactly did you 'sort it out'??

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marcus Andrews said:
I too am having that problem, I can't change my e-address-- clicking 'Save Changes' does nothing.
{btw, I have not changed my password; I have kept the one given by the global reset.}

Is this what you see?

se99ck.png

If so you should enter your present (temp) password and then change your email beneath. If you're keeping the temp password then no need to add anything to the Edit Password section.

Marcus Andrews

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanx Q2 - yes, that's the page. It's not working for me: I put the {temp} password - which I plan to keep (unless I have to change it :? ) - I did NOT edit that password; put my new e-address; click 'Save Changes', and absolutely nothing happens. I have turned OFF adblocking, NoScript, Greasemonkey, and even hostfile blocking. Can I Reply to the global reset email, and request my address be updated by an admin?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marcus Andrews said:
Thanx Q2 - yes, that's the page. It's not working for me: I put the {temp} password - which I plan to keep (unless I have to change it :? ) - I did NOT edit that password; put my new e-address; click 'Save Changes', and absolutely nothing happens. I have turned OFF adblocking, NoScript, Greasemonkey, and even hostfile blocking. Can I Reply to the global reset email, and request my address be updated by an admin?

Use the Contact Us form and include your username and current email address. In the body of the message tell us what you want your email address to be changed to and I'll take care of it manually.

Marcus Andrews

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
Use the Contact Us form and include your username and current email address. In the body of the message tell us what you want your email address to be changed to and I'll take care of it manually.
Thanx, I have done that now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marcus Andrews said:
Thanx, I have done that now.

Nothing has come through. Alright... send us an email at fe [at] fanedit [dot] org with the same info and see if that works. Sorry for the delay but for security we need to ensure the email addresses match up, so be sure to send the email from the address currently listed in your profile.

SilverWook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Marcus Andrews said:

How exactly did you 'sort it out'??

I changed my password at the same time.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SilverWook said:
I changed my password at the same time.

Come to think of it that might be why. The new requirements are uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers. If you're leaving it the same it might be seeing there are no letters and not letting it take. Something to consider.

emanswfan

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, was wondering why I couldn't get onto this site in the last while.

Top Bottom