• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Prometheus – Special Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This review is not aimed to offend, just to give my honest opinion. Agent 9's fanedit is the highest rated Prometheus edit so my expectations were high, even higher after watching the very long but otherwise excellent Giftbearer fan edit. The amount of work put into this edit is evident, I commend the creator for their efforts, however...My enjoyment was completely ruined by the misuse of tracks to influence the viewer's emotion or convey character intentions in some scenes, incorrect audio levels during scenes with dialog, looping snippets of tracks from tracks intended for other scenes, and lastly shoehorned tracks from the other Alien movies that do not fit the tone of the film nor the film's score that was left intact. It's a great idea, but it was poorly executed, ruining key scenes that should have been left untouched score wise. This occurs throughout the movie from title screen all the way till the end credits roll. It's very unfortunate considering how much effort went to this. It would have benifited from critical review prior it's fanedit.org official release.Other than the above I have no complaints with the visual editing, there are certain scenes I would have prefered to see but I won't criticize the creator's choice considering what they had to work with and their choice how to tell the story. The movie's narrative is much more cohesive, there are lots of small edits that make a lot of difference.

More...

Back
Top Bottom