• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Pulp Empire:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan of Stars Wars franchise and the Tarantino style. This film is the best of both worlds. Told the whole Empire Strikes back story in a non linear way while being scored to great music. You can tell njvc took his time on this fanedit. You'll never see the seams in his editing. Choice of soundtrack fitted every scene. I particularly enjoyed the character introductions in the Kill Bill style. Montage scenes from other Stars Wars episodes were integrated. However the voice of Yoda replaced by Gordon Liu's in his part as Pai Mei in Kill Bill was off-putting. I dont think njvc is a Cantonese speaker. Yoda was speaking gibberish and the same sound bites from Pai Mei was used over and over again. I'm sure I was suppose to just ignore this and read the subs but I had to take a few points off from the rating for it. Gordon Liu' has dozens of movie out over the decades and there are plenty of lines to choose form but thats impossible if you cant speak the language. I sat through the film with a buddy that did not speak Cantonese, and he seemed to enjoy the scene better. Overall, it's a must see for fan edit enthusiast and njvc has set a new standard of fanmixes with Pulp Empire.

More...

Top Bottom