• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Amazing Spider-Man 2: Sparkles Edition, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have not seen the original version of this film. I watched Amazing Spider-Man (2012) at the request of my brother and thought "Eh, okay." After hearing all of the bad reviews and poor word of mouth, I lost any and all interest I may have had in viewing the sequel, instead choosing to wait for a fan-edit.I'll try not to make this a review of the film itself since I haven't seen it before. Because my expectations were pretty low, I was glad at how much the edit didn't disappoint. For the most part, I was entertained and enjoyed Peter and Gwen's relationship. I felt like there was just enough of those two together in the film, and when I found out that some of their scenes had been cut I was impressed. I appreciated the inclusion of Harry knowing that Peter was Spider-Man from the start: I've seen the "hero-revealed" scene in other films way too much. Also, there was a completely different opening to the original cut? I didn't even know, but seeing as it had to do with Richard Parker, I'm glad it was cut. The second half of the film was a bit too crammed, but I can see it's been cut down. To narrow the cut down a little more, I would have removed the Peter/Dad subplot (or maybe include it in an edit of the first film?). I almost wish it was possible to remove one of the two villains, both of their motivations (Electro's in particular) were lost in the jumble of the third act (using the "their power drove them mad" is a crap excuse).Overall, good edit!

More...

Top Bottom