• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

TRANSFORMERS

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I had to start a Transformers thread in the sci-fi section. "A", because there wasn't one, and "B" because I'm apparently the resident Transformers nerd. Anyone else brave enough to admit their love for shows and movies based on little plastic toys?

islander

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved Transformers growing up. Still have the first-gen toys at my parents' place. (One big bummer is though I have Soundwave with Ravage, I was never able to find Rumble. Oh, another regret is never buying Grimlock.)

Those were awesome toys, and the original TV series was great as well.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha, that's funny! I have a rumble, and a mint condition Grimlock that I'm selling on Ebay soon. I actually sell new and vintage Transformers on Ebay as a side business/hobby.

islander

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why you dirty, rotten... :lol:

Yeah, I don't actively go searching out the toys and I'm sure the prices on those would be kinda substantial. I'm curious though, what do the figures go for these days? Open, that is. (Still have my original Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron, Soundwave, etc. etc. etc.)

Cool side business, though!

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i just found a BOX of the original transformers toys out of storage that i thought were lost a decade ago.

...of course i ended up playing with them for the rest of the night.

good times.

i look forward to watching your resparked edit, reave :) thanks!

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you guys need some extra cash, I buy boxes and boxes of Transformers all the time.

btw joe, did you get a copy of Resparked? I think I was looking at your trade list recently, and I think I need a lot of your stuffs. Wanna trade?

kaarma33

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi:
I enjoyed Resparked. Thanks! That transformer movie still needs a better writer for the screenplay, since all the plot was explained with the beginning and ending optimus prime narration.

I would like to see a fan edit of the transformers cartoons, where transformers can and do get blown up. I liked the first season of transformers the most and then 2nd season's multiple episode stories, especially with the dinobots. A transformers dinobot movie would be good, too.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the props.

I've thought about editing some/all of the G1 eps and movie. It would have to be a slow time for me to take that on though. Maybe this winter.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, TFCog is a pretty cool site. :)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You have too much free time on your hands.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Time is relative. He's simply passionate.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I merely said it's something that I'd do (as opposed to buying that figure), not that I'll actually be doing it. :p

And, no, I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. When my mom's home from work, she's recently been having me clean my bathroom...on my days off from work. It is long and tedious, and I hate it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't soil it. Problem solved.

Top Bottom