• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Raiders:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hard to come up with an opinion on that one, but for what it's worth:This isn't your typical fanedit with craftsmanship in the visual details and improving upon a movie's weaknesses by careful cuts. It's rather a b/w fanmix that would be well suited in a discotheque or club, projected at one wall while the crowd throws occasional glances. As TM2YC wrote there's no visual editing beyond loosing the colors, so it's the default "1" for editing and "5" for video quality as half the information is missing. Admittedly, he did some grading so his b/w looks a bit different than just killing the color in your movie player.I have to admit that my enjoyment is very limited when watching this a a dedicated movie. I guess if you're a music geek or do a lot of music mixes you have to admire how much work probably went into the selection, but imho that doesn't translate into a necessity to see the whole movie.The one reason this edit is worth having a look at is to recognize how well Indie prevails facing the test of time, and he doesn't even have to walk invisible paths for this as in later incarnations. At least he's got the video quality right on this one: Unless some completely over-encoded fanedits, 2gb is a reasonable file size for this resolution and duration and you can pull the mp4 flash source from the original site in no time. But given my overall enjoyment, I wouldn't be that sad if a studio pulls the plug on the public availability like with the 2001 edit.

More...

Top Bottom