• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Raiders:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Audio/Video Quality: 8For a 2GB filesize this is pretty decent quality I guess, but it would have been nicer to keep more of the detail and grain.Visual Editing: 10There isn't any, so a 10 is standard. The B&W conversion is very cool though. The high-contrast photography looks gorgeous and it reveals how wonderfully old-fashioned this film looks.Audio Editing: 9There are some small gaps between songs here and there but for the most part this is a non-stop crossfaded/remixed experience. The radical switch from John William's heroic ochestral score, to Trent Reznor's often ethereal, unsettling and occasionally danceable Electronic music is a lot of fun. I imagine Soderbergh spent a long time selecting the music tracks and experimenting with them, as they are often timed very well with the energy of the film. Also they stop/start in time with the scenes which can't have been easy to pull off this smoothly.Narrative: 9One of the goals was to kind of put narrative on the back burner. However it's still visually very strong without any dialogue or SoundFX.Enjoyment: 8This is a unique experience worth checking out but Reznor's repetative music isn't "my cup of tea", I don't hate it, I just don't love it. Also as a "Faneditor", as opposed to an "Editor", learning lessons about editing rhythms was largely moot, as they are typically dictated by the existing material. However, the new score was kinda hypnotic in a good way and had the strange effect of making you see things that aren't there. e.g. soldiers swaying in the back of a truck appear to be grooving to the music and the hammer during the final sequence seems to be pounding out the beat.

More...

Top Bottom