• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Uproxx Features 3-in-1 Hobbit Edit

MovieMaven

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Still too much barrel-rolling. Too coincidental that several Dwarves get axes and all of them are in just the right position to chop the overhanging branch. And I shut the clip down when it was obvious that Barrel-Bombur was coming up.

So far I'll take the "Into the Fire" cut of that sequence - you need some orcs, and some explanation for how the barrels got through the water-gate, but you don't need to go Over The Top (OTT).

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree. I like Into The Fire's barrel scene much better. I also think I'd prefer some Dol Goldur. I don't want Gandalf off camera for TOO long and I do want these movies to connect to the LotR in some meaningful ways. I'd like to keep Saruman and Galadriel for the same reasons. Good performances, interesting scenes, and more connective tissue between trilogies. I'm sure I'd be okay with some more cuts to Arkenstone Edition and Into the Fire to get to single film of a tolerable length, but I have trouble thinking what that might be. What's the combined running time of those two.edots anyway? Three hours? BotFA might just work at an hour. That one seemed to me to be almost all fluff after the first half hour or so. Even in the first half hour there's a lot to cut such as anything with Alfrid.

MovieMaven

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed - Radagast isn't the "Jar-Jar" of these films. Alfrid is. He's trying too hard to be Blackadder and he hasn't got the chops for it - not to mention that Blackadder is way out of tone with anything Tolkien ever wrote.

I would definitely keep as much of Saruman and Galadriel as possible - and that includes the Dol Guldur rescue of Gandalf (which means Gandalf has to go there and get captured). But where I would cut deeply is anything to do with the Ringwraiths being "buried" - they never died. They've stretched themselves so thin that they have become Undead, and (presumably when Sauron was overthrown the first time) they were imprisoned with spells that were thought to be unbreakable. That's all you really need to know about them.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Once again, this is obviously using pirated material and would not be allowed to be listed here if it were submitted for some reason.

Also...

Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy is ridiculous folly – this is firmly established.

I disagree.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I commented here why I haven't posted a Front Page story about this. (Short version: I don't like how these outlets are promoting a fanedit that uses obviously pirated material.)

Top Bottom