• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Converting VOB files to DVD

locololo2

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,

I have been trying to get L8wrtr Fanedits of the Star Wars prequels. The first two I found were easy enough and came unpacked into a .iso file. However, for the third movie - DOTE - I keep getting a folder VIDEO_TS with a lot of .VOB, .IFO and .BUP files.

I am on a MAC. How can I convert these to either .iso or just a regular movie format?

SOLUTION: A freeware program called LiquidCD. Find it at http://www.maconnect.ch/

Thanks Bionicbob

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VOB (Video Object) is the container format in DVD-Video media.
If you want to watch it, just use for example the VLC player (should be available for MAC, I think), and open the .ifo file. You should get to the menu of the DVD. (sometime VLC skips the intro video of the DVD though). No need to make an .iso file to watch it.
Hope I somehow answered your question.

locololo2

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks TMBTM. Is it possible to condense it into an .iso or other file format? Would make it easier when putting it on a flash drive.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A DVD usually contains two folders.
VIDEO_TS
AUDIO_TS
If the audio folder is not there, add it. Doesn't matter if it is empty.
Then you can burn the title to DVD.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An awesome freeware that will burn a dvd folder is called LIQUIDCD, highly recommend it for MAC users. :)

locololo2

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob - that worked perfectly! and for free! thank you so much for posting. hopefully others who have this problem will come across this thread.

Top Bottom