• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2015 Movies

Editor X said:
One of the best films I've watched this year is a british thriller called Hyena... you'll love this film if you enjoyed Bronson, Drive or Only God Forgives.

What if I thought 'Bronson' was okay, 'Drive' was a masterpiece and 'Only God Forgives' was dreck? :p

There are some brilliant scenes in Only God Forgives but as a whole it might not work as well as his other films. I agree with Refn that Drive is like cocaine and Only God Forgives is like acid, cocaine has always been the more popular drug of choice... If you watch Hyena and think it's dreck, me and you will have to have a long talk... You're british so you'll get what the film's about, you'll love it... ;-)

bionicbob said:
For my daughter's birthday we went to TOMORROWLAND, and we both LOVED it!

It is just a fun, feel good, positive, funny, chase adventure movie.
Yeah, a positive, feel-good flick... in which problems are solved with
improvised nuclear devices, and a heroic child suicide bomber.

No, I'm not making that up, or exaggerating one bit.

The big climax builds to a heroic child suicide bomber.

(Not to mention that EMP over France that obviously takes down several dozen airplanes, killing hundreds of children in the process. Oh, sorry, did I just invoke SCIENCE? Because I thought this movie was pro-science.)
Oh, and after two-plus hours of pretty much only white people talking and doing stuff, we get an international montage that looks like a UNICEF commercial. Well, I say "Nice try, assholes!" You can't give me two hours of white people (including a British mentor and a British villain, how very original and imaginative), and then pat yourself on the back for diversity. Doesn't work that way. (Oh, and guess what happens to the only black character of note? This happens. #BlackLivesDon'tMatterinSciFi)

And you can't make a movie that decries war and violence yet is packed with about as much nonstop mayhem as Fury Road. Seriously, there may have been less shouting in Fury Road. Everyone is always SHOUTING in this movie, so you can tell that IMPORTANT and EXCITING stuff is happening, and now let's have some more SHOUTING now, because without SHOUTING there's no way to explain the plot, because THERE'S REALLY BARELY A PLOT HERE AT ALL, please now let me SHOUT at you some more.

This movie sucks balls, Brad Bird has a hard-on for Ayn Rand, and it pretty much interrupts a feature-length lecture about how war and violence are bad halfway though for a Star Wars commercial.

Just got back from Inside Out. What a perfect and profoundly beautiful film. Pixar are the best.

My top 5 Pixars just got an update...

1. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo
4. Inside Out
4. Toy Story 3
5. Wall-E

With Ex-Machina and Mad Max Fury Rd already accounted for, this year has been pretty sweet so far for amazing movies.

They played a scene from 'Inside Out' ahead of 'Jurassic World' last weekend and it was hilarious. I'm looking forward to that one now.

It seems a while since we got one of those wonderful full-force "Kermodian rants" from the good Doctor Kermode but he really flips his lid after seeing the new 'Entourage' movie...

It's very funny when he gets this angry. My favourite quote for the poster has to be "In terms of it's gender politics, 'Human Centipede' is more sensitive" :-D. This ^ is only the video edit, on the radio broadcast he went on longer and Simon hated it too and he kept going on about it for the rest of the show, even talking to the other guests about how much he hated it. I really want to see the movie now :p.

Off to see the new Sir Ian McKellen Sherlock Holmes movie. It sounds like a perfect casting idea. Hope it is! :)

"Creed" trailer (aka Rocky VII)

I think this looks really promising. I love Michael B. Jordan and Fruitvale Station was a great film. It's too bad Stallone already spoiled the last page of the screenplay.

^ That's a really well put together trailer :). Hope there are more dudes from The Wire in it.

"Hooray, another boxing movie!" - someone other than myself.

It does look pretty decent, though; I can't deny.

Trailer for the new movie from Alejandro González Iñárritu (21 Grams, Babel, Birdman).

njvc said:
My top 5 Pixars just got an update...

1. The Incredibles
3. Finding Nemo
4. Inside Out
4. Toy Story 3
5. Wall-E

Where did you learn how to number things?

Kirestananderson01 said:
well loved the Furious 7 most
get-off-my-lawn.jpg

Hmmm, looks okayish.

01.43 - Oh my god it's Christoph Waltz! I'd never guessed until now... said nobody ever.

Just won free passes to an advance screening of the new Vacation movie. Will be seeing it next Monday.

So, ah, apparently a movie called Pixels exists, and so does an internet review by the handle of MovieBob, and, ah, it appears that the latter is not a big fan of the former. NSFC (Not Safe for Church):

:lol:

njvc said:
Saw Ex Machina last night. What a brilliant little movie that is. If you enjoyed Her and Black Mirror, I highly recommend this one. Definitely in my top 5 films of the past few years.
I saw this earlier this week. Easily in my top few movies of the past few years.i don't think I would compare it to Her other than the fact that both contain a female AI that the protagonist falls for. It theme it's much closer to Blade Runner than Her. I'll agree that the themes have all been explored before, but it was still a very good, intelligent sci-fi movie.

Back
Top Bottom