• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2015 Movies

^My wife went through the same thing in the first half, and was put off by it. It hooked her as she realized that was basically her arc's starting point and by the end we were both very emotional.

TV's Frink said:
Seeing it through the eyes of my young daughters, I loved it.

Don't know why you felt the need to gouge out your daughters' eyes and put them in your head in order to watch the movie, but to each his own.

My problem with the first half of Inside Out was the Sadness character. Why does she keep touching crap? It messes everything up, and she knows it! But she keeps doing it! Ugh. I actually enjoyed Joy, because it was Amy Poehler, and because she seemed to have everything under control, despite being rather possessive. The prime source of conflict made no sense to me. I got over it by the time they got the imaginary friend character, and ended up enjoying the film overall. Looking into the behind the scenes stuff, it looked like Pixar originally wanted to include a whole spectrum of emotions, instead of just 5. I can see how that would have crowded things but it would have made more sense at least. However, at that time, they had given the emotions names that did not really describe what they were, like regular people names. I don't think that would have worked very well.

Neglify said:
Don't know why you felt the need to gouge out your daughters' eyes and put them in your head in order to watch the movie, but to each his own.

I listen to my heart...which I also gouged out.

Zagadka said:
In the Heart of the Sea

In_the_Heart_of_the_Sea_poster.jpg
Well, I went in with fairly modest expectations and freaking loved it. One of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen, with dozens and dozens of shots that would look wonderful hanging in a gallery. I was wary of a PG-13 whaling movie, knowing nothing of the historical story at play, and wasn't disappointed in the authenticity aspect in the least. (Okay, Hemsworth still sounds about half Australian, but I'm willing to let that slide.) A lot of very sniffy reviews have said "if you're going to tell the origin story behind a classic piece of literature instead of the literary itself, it'd better be just as good a story" - and what, this isn't?! I was positively enthralled the whole time, and wanted the blu-ray immediately. And the political drama at the end, which many found underwhelming, I was equally gripped by. Guess a lot of critics these days can't engage with a good old-fashioned tale of manly honor - for shame. This is a gripping, stirring and patriotic movie about our maritime history, which we Yanks don't get nearly enough of.

A-

It occured to me that I felt 'Joy' was a bit similar to the 'Father Noel Furlong' character from Sitcom 'Father Ted'. He's irrepressibly upbeat and happy (to the point of mania) and wants everybody else to be having the same fun as him. Everybody hates him as a consequence ;-). If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a compilation his best efforts at "cheering" everyone up...!

My reaction to the 'Joy' character was a bit like Tony's reaction to Noel 03.00 :-D.

Back
Top Bottom