• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Red Dwarf: Back To Earth: No coronation street edition

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Red Dwarf: Back To Earth was OK. But the main problem to me was the coronation street scene. I hate coronation street so I want to cut it out, along with some other stuff, like those kids who can't act.

Alright guys, I have started to rip all the files off the DVD and editing has begun! Should be done by the end of the month. Getting accepted onto IFDB however, is a whole other matter.

Good lukc with this,  we already have a Back to Earth edit here that, I beleive, did leave out the kids on the bus. What else do you plan to cut?

Zarius said:
Good lukc with this,  we already have a Back to Earth edit here that, I beleive, did leave out the kids on the bus. What else do you plan to cut?

Remove Lister annoying Rimmer, scenes referencing that, Remove Kryten trying to find dirt on Katerina Bartikovsky and references to that, some scenes on Earth to speed up the pacing and Everything with Coronation street. 

I also plan to replace all shots of Red Dwarf with the shots from series X becasue they look superior.

wilhelm scream said:
Should be done by the end of the month. Getting accepted onto IFDB however, is a whole other matter.

I suggest that this time you slow down and take any advice or criticism from approved editors. Let's not repeat what happened with your Thunderbirds edit...

Alright everybody, I have finished the edit ( I had nothing else to do today), and you can watch it by sending me a PM, as soon as I find time to upload it to Mega, which won't be for a while because it's going to take quite a few hours to upload it to Mega due to the large file size, and I have busy week ahead of me. I will try to upload it by next Sunday. During the week, I will upload a few screenshots of some of the new fx, assuming I remember to.

Just break it down into WinRar or Zip filles and upload them to Mega if it's too big to upload in one go.

Zarius said:
Just break it down into WinRar or Zip filles and upload them to Mega if it's too big to upload in one go.

There's no "if it's too big to upload in one go," you should always break the file down into smaller rar files.

The Academy is always prepared to preview at least one short-edit per new editor for inclusion on ifdb but their next submission should be a full-length edit. Sorry but we don't have the time and man-power to keep watching short-edits, for editors that never quite get their approval badge.

@"wilhelm scream" already submitted and had approved one short-edit (of Thunderbirds). Still, I'll notify the other Academy members to see if they have time to give this a watch. If any forum members want to give it a watch then send @"wilhelm scream" a PM.

As this is finished up but not officially approved, the thread is moved to 'Workprints and Previews' for now.

Alright guys, I watched the edit tonight and discovered there are some extra edits to do, so I will do those edits and will then submit the edit to IFDB.

wilhelm scream said:
I will do those edits and will then submit the edit to IFDB.

How are you going to do that? The edit needs to be approved first as you know.

TM2YC said:
wilhelm scream said:
I will do those edits and will then submit the edit to IFDB.

How are you going to do that? The edit needs to be approved first as you know.

Good point. I will send the updated version to you via PM as soon as I have time to, probably Saturday or Sunday. and you can approve it (assuming there is nothing to improve).

wilhelm scream said:
I will send the updated version to you via PM as soon as I have time to, probably Saturday or Sunday. and you can approve it (assuming there is nothing to improve).

I still don't want to preview it but thanks for offering again.

Alright then, who here, who is a member of the academy, wants me to preview my fan-edit and accept it onto IFDB!?

wilhelm scream said:
Alright then, who here, who is a member of the academy, wants me to preview my fan-edit and accept it onto IFDB!

I've asked everybody yesterday if they wanted to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom