• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

MARVEL 24: Remixed by Jorge

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
poster31tb5.jpg

MARVEL 24
Remixed by Jorge

What is it about: Hulk, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four 2 all in one episode of marvel24.
original film name: Hulk, X-Men - The Last Stand, Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer.
film studio name: 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures and Universal Studios
Original Film Released: Hulk (June 2003), X-Men 3 (May 2006), Spider-Man 3 (May 2007) and Fantastic Four 2(June 2007)
Fan Edit Released: March, 2008
Original Runtime: (If you calculate for me, I'll post it.)
New Runtime: 50 min
Amount of time Cut/Added: Only The Watcher knows.

DVD - Features:
Menus 16.9
Scene Selection Menus
presented in 2:35:1
Bonus trailers

Concept: It started as a joke.
No, well maybe more like a Rogue Thought: Make a Marvel Universe movie.
You can follow the progression of this idea from its inception on February 13 to its completion on March 20.
viewtopic.php?t=3618&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
The idea is simple: Use Hulk, X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four 2 to create an episode of "24". An action packed episode that never lets up.
I decided to start with the ending and work backwards to the beginning. So this is EPISODE 3: 8pm to 8am.

PROJECT TIME:
planning: See post.
editing: a month.
sound editing: see above.
DVD layout and features: 1 week.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wohow! Congratulations on finishing, kbm.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude, this edit was truly AWESOME. A great achievement!!! :D

Boon, get to work on a DVD cover... :smile:

PaulisDead2221

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can't wait to see a torrent. I really like the idea.

What was your final decision on the possible use of the Watcher? I remember some discussion of getting him in the film in some way would be rather hard given limited resources, but I had an idea I wished I could've pitched earlier. :-(

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember when this started as a farce of an idea and watched as the idea bloomed and the "collaboration" began in the original thread. Goddamn Jorge! That is one nonstop thrillride of an hour! Just fantastic! I can't wait to see the beginning! My only critique would be to possibly add one or two more commercial breaks/multiscene timestamps to the next episode but otherwise this is utterly stunning and I hope that after Marvel is finished that you will forge ahead and do a DC 24 and possibly even a Dark Horse 24. Keep up the good work. For anyone reading this who hasn't seen it yet, what the hell are you waiting for?

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks worm.
Yeah I thought about the commercial blacks but since I wasn't out to fool anyone into thinking it was a real tv show, i didn't bother. most of the times I wished those blacks were removed from episodes like "24' i feel it pulls you out of the moment.
the time stamp? when i previewed "the first 10 minutes" a few comments complained about the timestamp and since it is now a 12 hour timespan, i thought it would confuse things more than help so no timestamp.
I don't know if I will make the other episodes.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the timestamps. It gives it that 24 feeling as opposed to just being a Marvel movie reel. You will sadden me if you don't do the other episodes. If I ever need to go fight someone I'm gonna watch this right before so that I can get my adrenaline up. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed this from "Last time on 24" to the end. Bravo.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well you can blame the comments from the test audience why the timestamp is not there. don't you just hate that?

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
KBM, I am hoping you will continue your jaunt through the Marvel universe, truncating and recompiling the story. :) I have thoroughly enjoyed that which I have seen thus far (had to work today, so I couldn't watch it on my DVD player).

The choices you have made in your movies have worked for me, and I hope that we see the end of this "day".

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
there will be an interview on ReEdit with KBM, where he will give further info on this. The interview was a lot of fun and very informative (not so sure it was for KBM as well ;-)).

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
killbillme said:
well you can blame the comments from the test audience why the timestamp is not there. don't you just hate that?

Yes. That's why although I encourage and welcome feedback and thoughts from the peanut gallery I rarely let it affect my choices. There are of course those moments where someone may pipe up with some brilliant revalation you hadn't thought of but you can't let the feedback lead you astray. :smile:

dasani

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I grabbed the AVI file and have watched the first five or six minutes of it and felt confused.

I mean, I've seen all of the movies several times, but what is the TYING in factor in all these? It seems to play just like a collection of scenes from different movies. Nothing to tie them in as one single movie taking place in different locales.

Maybe it is explained later on. At this ponit I've gotten to where Dr. Doom asks about the Silver Surfer's board, and the guy says that he can test it under watch of guards.

sladetwc

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dasani, the thing that is holding the pieces together is, they're all happening at relatively the same time in other parts of the world. That's what the big kicker of "24" is. During one episode, they always give you the timer at the commercial breaks and even during the action to keep you updated on what "time" it is there. That's the only thing really missing to me about this edit, and it's because KBM got some negative feedback about the timer in his preview piece.

I thought all the stories worked together nicely, and I personally didn't get thrown from one to the other with a feeling of being confused.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watching this fanedit is like starting to read a 1- 6 series of comix at comic 3.
If the comic is good, my main thought as I read it is "man, I gotta get the rest of the issues!"

I guess this fanedit is not for everyone. It demands a lot from the viewer:
- that they know the show "24" (otherwise its hard "to get")
- That they know all the movies it's made from: Hulk, FF2, XM3, SM3.
- that they fill in the blanks for the episodes that are missing. (this one is episode...)
- that they watch the entire piece. Most of the rewards to the edit come at the end.

Also, there is no frame of reference. It's not like you caught this film at the multiplex and didn't like it.
This is like no film you've ever not seen before... and yet it is.
Unfair I know, and to some, possibly worth it.

And even if you fulfill all those demands, it might still not please those that want a traditional narrative.
But a traditional narrative should not be expected from a fanedit whose conceit is to create a 50 minute episode of a
non-existing tv show from 4 separate non-related action films and whose whole unifying thread is the time of day.

During my research of the original "24", the timestamp happens several times during an episode.
Everytime they go to break and return from break as a multi-frame bumper and 2 or 3 times as a subtle super during a scene.

i did create the multi-frame bumper timestamp but did not add the individual subtle timestamps.
would the piece be any less confusing if I had added those missing timestamps?
I doubt it.

But if you manage to get pass all that, I hope you enjoy.
And if you don't, cheer up, I'm sure another brilliant fanedit is on it's way soon.
Cheers!

dasani

Reaction score
Trophy Points
for the record I LOVE 24. Seen every season, and at one point owned the first five seasons of dvds.

I think the timestamp thing would be awesome. Definitely thing you should consider putting that in.

Maybe adding a subtitle type track that you can just add into the folder with the .avi, or that you can add into the DVD (how I don't know) and that it'll just pop up when it's supposed to.

And I'm gonna watch the whole thing. not shitting on the project. lol

Just a bit confused.

And some of my favorite movies don't follow a typical narrative so that's never been an issue.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lol! I didnt think you were shitting on the project dasani.
but you raised some concerns that I felt I had to address.
As for the timestamp, if I add 3 timestamps its a total of 15 seconds.
and days of compression, rebuilding dvds, mp4s, torrents and re-uploading to rapidshare.
Is the return worth the effort?
your subtitle idea might be the best.

mrg5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
fucking brilliant jorge! thank you and please keep 'em coming! that said here are my two cents. i really like what the concept does for pacing on what i've considered lack luster superhero movies... not that they're terrible, but it's like the saying goes, when you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. throw in money-hungry hollywood and you end up with the likes of the hulk... anyway, as others have said, this could use a real back story to tie things together. you hinted at it and galactus is the perfect means to that end. writing a narrative for galactus seems the easiest and most fitting to this type of story telling. he brings out the worst in our villains and can give us an intro to their stories. which has the side benefit, of suggesting his control over them to keep the heros occupied, while he's getting ready to consume to earth (classic comic story line).

other specifics would be coming up with a new "clock" gag, so it's not 24 specific and i think the look could use some modification (filters, contrast, color?), to give the different movies a unified and new look imo. perhaps adding and/or creating a new soundtrack would also help unify things... i do some electronic music on the side, so if any of you faneditors wanna use my stuff or need something new, send me a message.

lol, i guess that was a shitload more than two cents, but just some thoughts if you ever wanted to take this project to ridiculous levels.

thank you for sharing your work as always!

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you're welcome mrg5.
It's an intriguing concept. using Galactus as you suggested.
Boon had a similar idea and offered to voice Galactus.
And then I remembered this little movie called TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE
were Orson Welles played Unicron and decided that if anyone was going to play Galactus, it should be Orson.
Orson is Galactus.
The good thing out of that decision is being able to use orson's voice to carry out a story.
he's done enough movies and radio shows that it is possible to cobble something together.
Intriguing, most Intriguing.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to watch that.

mrg5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
damn good idea about orson! with all the work he's done and then the old time radio material, you could do just about anything.

Top Bottom