• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost: The Swan by jobwillins

jobwillins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since people have enjoyed LOST: The Crash, I'm fixing up my edit of season 2 (along with some bits from season 1 I didn't use in The Crash) and plan to make it available soon. In the meantime, here's a trailer for LOST: The Swan:

~JobWillins

Nice trailer......I do enjoy all things LOST and am looking forward to LOST:The Swan as and when it becomes avaliable..... Cheers:)

Just an update. I've finished my polish of The Swan and now I'm working on making it available for anyone who's interested. It was definitely more challenging than the first season and it was running over 4 hours long for quite some time before I made some tough decisions to bring it down to 3:45. The resulting structure ended up feeling more episodic than The Crash and I even inserted title cards separating it into 4 chapters so it can be viewed either as a whole or in 4 more bite-size pieces. As I mentioned before, this edit includes an important Locke flashback that I cut from The Crash, knowing that it would find a home in The Swan.

I appreciate the positive reviews for The Crash. It seems like the only feedback most people had was I should include fewer flashbacks, which I took to heart when making my final polish on The Swan. Most of the cuts I was able to make from my 4+ hour cut were flashbacks and I think the pacing is significantly improved as a result.

With any luck I should have The Swan up on .info soon. Thanks for your interest.

Any plans for a version 2 of the crash with less flashbacks?

jobwillins said:
I've finished my polish of The Swan and now I'm working on making it available for anyone who's interested.

Congrats on completing your The Swan edit. Looking forward to seeing how you worked season 2 in 3:45.....PM sent ;-).... Cheers.

yoshif8tures said:
Any plans for a version 2 of the crash with less flashbacks?

It was kinda nice to send the The Crash out into the world so I would stop tinkering with it, so further tinkering isn't likely. I personally like the flashbacks I included and feel they help flesh out the major characters, but I certainly understand if some have a preference for fewer of them. However, since a lot of that character work already exists in The Crash, it allowed me to take more liberties with cutting or minimizing additional flashbacks in The Swan.

The Swan is now available on .info

Hope you enjoy it.

~J

Congrats on finishing. Would you like this thread moved to the Fix/Mix forum, or do you want to make a new thread?

^ I've moved the thread for now, as I need to finish off the listing (jobwillins - PM me if this is not what you want)

Back
Top Bottom