• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Revisited || FINISHED || (PREVIEWS)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :: Revisited

Project started:
February 2013
Project ended: April, 2015

"The Sorcerer's Stone : Revisited" thread can be found HERE.

[TEASER TRAILER]

A short and quickly made teaser trailer for the edit. All footage in the teaser, except comparison footage, is from the upcoming release.

With the conclusion to the Sorcerer's Stone Revisited, I was ready to take on the Chamber of Secrets with the exact same approach. If you have not yet had the oppurtunity to see the Sorcerer's Stone Revisited, you can ask me on PM for directions.

[1.1] The Case

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was respectively out of date and non-consistent with the rest of the series. When Alfonso Quaron took over the helmet in the Prisoner of Azkaban he gave the series what they so desperately needed: a gritty, realistic atmosphere in an elsewhere magical fantasyworld. I took Alfonso's approach to CoS; and touched upon the movie with new sfx, music, effects and colors.

The magic has been remastered!

COLOR GRADING
To show some of the major changes in color grading for this movie, you'll find a comparison in the spoiler right below. It is made to resemble the color grading of Prisoner of Azkaban, and I feel that it definetly suited the tone of the movie very well.
2u8z2tu.jpg

THE WHOMPING WILLOW SEQUENCE (go to page 2 to read about the changes)

THE OPENING FOR COS : REVISITED

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite thing about the book was not translated well into film at ALL. While reading, it had a very strong whodunnit sort of narrative, where you think you know what's going on with the heir of Slytherin and the petrified people, then BAM a reveal changes everything, then BAM another reveal changes everything again, and so on. Each one was a big deal and mind-blowing in the context of the story.

In case anyone doesn't know what happens in the story, spoiler tags. But this is basically what went through my mind while reading (but paraphrased because it was several years ago):
1 Heir of Slytherin, it's probably a Slytherin, Malfoy was a badguy in the first one, it's prob'ly him! Or Snape!
2 Oh man heir of Slytherin, Parseltongue, it's gotta be Harry! I remember the sorting hat thing! How can this happen without him knowing about it?! Is our hero unreliable, is he possessed?
3 Whaaaat it's Ginny and has been the whole time! It was never Harry!
4 No wait, it's this Tom Riddle and his magic diary! Ginny's good after all!
5 Holy $#!+ this Tom Riddle guy IS Voldemort!
6 This whole thing was a plot by Senior Malfoy!

In the film, these reveals were just kind of glazed over as if the director just wanted to get on with it and get to the end credits already. The only one that seems to be treated properly is the Malfoy one and by then the movie's over. Anything you can do to restore meaning to the multiple reveals would pump up my enjoyment of the film. The book wasn't perfect, but it was my favorite in terms of structure and delivery. As such, the film is my least favorite, with Cuaron's taking the top spot.

Looking at this post, I know I'm not really giving much in the way of concrete suggestions. But perhaps to hammer home some of this whodunnit stuff, my suggestion would be to re-score several moments with more sinister cues from later films' soundtracks. Maybe try to play up the suspicious feelings the characters develop over the year. Change the "feel" with music and I think you can turn most of this film around into something really compelling, dare I say thrilling.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
*Post* ...
I look at this project the exact same way as you described now! That was the many thrills of the book for me as well, yet I didn't feel any of those revelations while watching the movie at an older age. This is undoubtebly one of the many faults of the movie.

By the way, have you had a chance to watch SS : Revisited yet?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
I look at this project the exact same way as you described now! That was the many thrills of the book for me as well, yet I didn't feel any of those revelations while watching the movie at an older age. This is undoubtebly one of the many faults of the movie.

By the way, have you had a chance to watch SS : Revisited yet?
Not yet, PM incoming.

Scar

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random thoughts and ideas after rewatching CHAMBER the other night: right off the bat, I'm hoping you can work wonders with the opening scenes at Privet. A key thing in tweaking the tone of this film, I think, will be minimizing Dobby in the opening -- he says too much, and does WAY too much (the self-flagellation only works in small doses; otherwise it's slapstick). Trimming him down adds to the mystery that's about to unfold, and could even give him a slightly more sinister edge the first time we meet him.

There has to be some way to goose the rest of the Privet scene so it doesn't feel so perfunctory.

Once the Weasley's enter the picture, the Burrow scenes work decently well, though I always cringe when the Diagon Alley/ Diagonally Floo Powder bit happens. Why did Harry suddenly mispronounce it? He never has before. Honestly, a quick trim and it's just another Dobby-influenced mishap instead of Harry doing something stupid for the sake of the plot.

Knockturn Alley: One thing I'd definitely reinsert would be the Malfoys' visit to Burgins & Burker -- one of the more atmospheric locales Columbus shot, and it's mostly on the cutting room floor. This scene feels more in the vein of the later series, and more importantly, features the film's villain, who otherwise is barely in the film. The more you can include of Lucius, the better, I think.

There are a number of deleted scenes that could help the "adultness" of the narrative and make it clearer wha's going on (without feeling like "whelp, this scene was in the book, so here it is"). They're worth a look.

I boggle at how Columbus bungles the thread about Hagrid's potential as a threat in this film. The first time we see him is Knockturn-- just what is he up to? Any chance to make Harry/ us question Hagrid's involvement in what occurs later helps the payoff at the end. His fate should be a part of the emotional stakes, but instead... meh.

Tangentially related, considering how dark and terrible it is when we see it later, I despise how offhand everyone is, including Hagrid, about Azkaban in this film.

Is it just me, or do the scenes at Hogwarts seems almost haphazardly edited together in this one, at least before the main plot gets rolling? Some playing with the tempo of the storytelling could make for an improved experience, I think.

The hissing/ parselspeak is potent for the movie's atmosphere. Working it in more often/ elsewhere could help increase the overall creepiness factor, maybe even from the very beginning of the film (the opening credits). Just a thought.

Andreas, what are your plans for Lockhart? It's a shame he's played SO cartoonishly. I normally like Brannagh, but.... blergh. One scene that I think could be radically improved with relative ease was the encounter with the Cornish Pixies: with the right score, and some color correction so they don't look QUITE so blue, that scene could have a dash of legitimate danger to it.

That said, I don't think anything can save the bit of Lockhart and the kids flying away and him dumbly shouting "This is just like magic!" or something equally embarassing. Cut cut cut I say.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Scar said:
I'm hoping you can work wonders with the opening scenes at Privet. A key thing in tweaking the tone of this film, I think, will be minimizing Dobby in the opening -- he says too much, and does WAY too much (the self-flagellation only works in small doses; otherwise it's slapstick). Trimming him down adds to the mystery that's about to unfold, and could even give him a slightly more sinister edge the first time we meet him.

There has to be some way to goose the rest of the Privet scene so it doesn't feel so perfunctory.
I agree with you, and will try to tweak Dobby's intro. Have his arrival be a little bit more sinister and less comicy, and rather make the entire encounter be more mysterious.

Right now, from beforehand, I have his scene changed pretty much from the original. Removed all self-inflicting from Dobby but one, but the music just isn't working for me. I will switch up the tone, and lesser - or replace - some of his dialogue.

Scar said:
Once the Weasley's enter the picture, the Burrow scenes work decently well, though I always cringe when the Diagon Alley/ Diagonally Floo Powder bit happens. Why did Harry suddenly mispronounce it? He never has before. Honestly, a quick trim and it's just another Dobby-influenced mishap instead of Harry doing something stupid for the sake of the plot.
The Burrows, Knockturn Alley and Diagon Alley have all very big alterations. Especially Knockturn Alley. It looked so fake and theatrical in the original, so I played with the colors to resemblence the one in HBP and added the music from the very same scene. It works like a charm now, and the movie is much faster paced because of it. I will, however, look into the Flu Powder mispronounciation. It would be good to remove it, but at the same time you would just have Harry suddenly standing within Boria & Burks with the Weasleys. It feels off. Will try some new things.

Scar said:
There are a number of deleted scenes that could help the "adultness" of the narrative and make it clearer wha's going on (without feeling like "whelp, this scene was in the book, so here it is"). They're worth a look.
Yes, my source is the Extended Edition of CoS. And there are many good scenes in there that WILL be left in and that definetly will help improve the tone of the movie.

Scar said:
I boggle at how Columbus bungles the thread about Hagrid's potential as a threat in this film. The first time we see him is Knockturn-- just what is he up to? Any chance to make Harry/ us question Hagrid's involvement in what occurs later helps the payoff at the end. His fate should be a part of the emotional stakes, but instead... meh.

Tangentially related, considering how dark and terrible it is when we see it later, I despise how offhand everyone is, including Hagrid, about Azkaban in this film.
Yup. Some of the many problems with this movie.

Everything feels to incredibly staged, planned and forced that it completely takes you out of the movie. I might even have to remove some of the original plotpoints, due to the bad, bad execution of them. The reward in this though, will be a much stronger foundation for a movie though it will differ greatly from the book.

Scar said:
Is it just me, or do the scenes at Hogwarts seems almost haphazardly edited together in this one, at least before the main plot gets rolling? Some playing with the tempo of the storytelling could make for an improved experience, I think.
Yeah. This movie is slow. Pacing is a major issue, but we're already talking a very strong beginning for the movie by now. A lot has been altered the first 30 minutes, and the beginning feels very much as the beginning of the later entries in the series.

Scar said:
The hissing/ parselspeak is potent for the movie's atmosphere. Working it in more often/ elsewhere could help increase the overall creepiness factor, maybe even from the very beginning of the film (the opening credits). Just a thought.
True. Parseltongue is added to the opening, just like in OotP and Deathly Hallows Part I.
It can also be heard sometimes throughout the Snake's movement throughout the school. For instance, when Harry hears "KIIIIL! KEEEEEEL!" and he bulges into Ron & Hermione, they can slightly hear Parseltounge from within the walls. I excpect I will add a lot more of it, and also improve the importance of parseltounge and the connection with Voldemort.

Scar said:
Andreas, what are your plans for Lockhart? It's a shame he's played SO cartoonishly. I normally like Brannagh, but.... blergh. One scene that I think could be radically improved with relative ease was the encounter with the Cornish Pixies: with the right score, and some color correction so they don't look QUITE so blue, that scene could have a dash of legitimate danger to it.
Lockhart will have to be downplayed a lot when the plot gets going. He's still an ego-centric, self-loving dimsy, but now he doesn't steal every important scene of the movie with some ridicilous comedic stunt. Still, I love the humor and the presentation Kenneth Branagh gives, so I won't remove the good material there is, as long as it doesn't distract from the tone or plot of the movie as mentioned just above.

[In General]

This movie has the most inconsistency of them all.
- The Whomping Willow is at a completely different location.
- This is, unfortunately - and with deep respect to Richard Harris, the last time with the original Dumbledore.
- The castle looks completely different from the outside courtyards, before heavy alterations are made in the later entries.
- The music is pretty much a rehash of the first movie, and close to none of the music here is repeated ever throughout the franchise again. Williams had a tight schedule due to the post-production on Attack of the Clones, and had only time to so much - which is why the soundtrack for the movie is very lackluster and disappointing in my opinion.

If you think about all of this, this in itself is the visual and audiorelated problems to the movie. Story and pacing can always be fixed and altered, but these points here can only be damagecontrolled and in some cases diminished or cut.

Another great problem, which luckily can easily be fixed with a great deal of effort from my part, is the film's soundtrack. A lot, if not almost all, of the soundtrack will have to be replaced. It is just not working for the movie, and as mentioned already it's pretty much a rehash. Also, it has one great fault! Voldemort's theme from SS ("The Face of Voldemort") is repeated all throughout the dark parts of this movie. It's ridiciolous! You can pretty much guess that the Heir of Slytherin is Voldemort if you pay attention to it.

The movie gives of the exact same vibe as its predecessor in both tone and storytelling - much due to the music, but not only; the entire movie feels like a rehash as well.

All this being said, there are many things to put a great deal of thought and exprementation in. Many things I will have to work around. But all in all, I am very confident that my final product will be a much, much stronger version of the CoS, and a lot more coherent to the later entires in the franchise. I am confident it will turn out great, especially if I get you guys opinions and feedback along the way!

Let's remaster this magic!

Scar

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd never made the correlation time-wise between William's work on AOTC and CoS.

Very much looking forward to this one (and getting a free moment to watch your take on SS)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
What started as a subtle edit, is now presenting itself to be something much more than that. This turned out to be something quite, quite different than the making of Sorcerer's Stone Revisited.

The Chamber of Secrets is full of visual contradictions and faults. Whilst SS: Revisited was literally pacing and replacing, that won't suffice for this edit. I've found myself to do a lot of rotoscoping and some small amount of effects work already, while in SS : Revisited there was close to none.

The Whomping Willow
The Whomping Willow's location. This is the biggest contradiction in the franchise and I'll explain why.

In CoS the magical berzerker tree is right next to the castle, yet in PoA it is at the top of a hill a mile away. This creates the illusion, when watching PoA, that the Hogwarts from SS up until CoS doesn't exist anymore because it was right next to the Whomping Willow and now it's not. Because of this being a very noticeable and visual contradiction it will put you out of the movie the next time you see it (now speaking of CoS), because you know that the later entires in the franchise doesn't live by the rules or details set by the Chamber of Secrets. Thus making it a harder movie and world to invest time and believe in, because you know that later on - it won't really exist anymore.

Now, it will be pretty impossible for me to create a new location for this to take place. But what I have done, is to create the illusion that this is occuring at the same place as in PoA. Some of the Flying Car crashing scenes have been edited in to look as if it's crashing towards that exact same place as seen in PoA (see picture HERE), whilst the closer shots - like when the tree is banging on the car - you can briefly see some torches and some ruins in the far background in some of the shots from the original CoS footage, but this can always be excused by our brains as 'they had torches there for safety reasons, so that students was aware of the tree in the dark' etc. It's not really a contradiction, because these things can change over the course of two months. Moving a tree, can not - at least not without a good explanation.

The entire sequence has also been heavily re-arranged and edited, and the car driving away is completely removed. It was unecessary, and made the visual contradiction complete. As of right now, the sequence works pretty well, although It is far from done. Some scenery I'm not satisfied with, and some of the rotoscoping needs tweaking.

The Flying Car crashing at the hands of Dobby

So In the movie Dobby is behind the crashing of the Flying Car. He doesn't want Harry to return to Hogwarts, so he tries - misguided and totally illogical as he is - to stop him by trying to kill him, again!

To me the crashing of the car seemed more like a malfunctioning in the engine than something Dobby would've come up with, and it makes it unclear to the audience what is really going on. So I came up with something new. In the background window, an object comes floating towards the car and crashes straight into it instead, thus leading to the crashing. I just feel like this is something Dobby would've done, and it makes it clear to the audience that the car was sabotaged, and that someone clearly doesn't want Harry there that year. It also builds some suspense for the audience to linger about ("Who attacked that car?!").

The movie's soundtrack, da Music
About 3/4th of the movie has been re-scored. Reasons are stated in my post above.

This really makes the entire tone and feel of the movie completely different now, and you feel like you're re-discovering it rather than 'watching it all over again'.

The Color Grading
The Chamber of Secrets : Revisited now has a great resemblence to Prisoner of Azkaban, with it's brown-gray Color Grading.
Here's an example from the most finished of scenes; the Quidditch Match, which I've been working on for some days now.
Original Footage: See it HERE
CoS Revisited Footage: See it HERE
(Unfortunately low quality pics, but it gives you the idea).

General Note
- Entire movie is color corrected to look like that of PoA
- Quidditch Match heavily altered. Also some new music ques. Match also played at evening, rather than broad daylight.

First 60 minutes of the movie is layed out. Much nitpicking left to do, but it's looking great! I think this Revisitation will blow your mind!

There will be posted a change
list when I have the sparetime and patience, but right now I'm full of the flu and work. And there is a lot to put in that changelist! A lot!

Scar

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rewatching Prisoner of Azkaban last night, I'd forgotten just HOW different it was from the two films preceding it, and how much it really set the tone for the rest of the series. It made me look forward to these fanedits all the more.

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it's really different. It feels like two different universes. I'm trying to make them feel like one!

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brilliant concept, brilliant work, but I have a question:
While you seem to be tackling the Whomping Willow issue, what would you do about Hagrid's Hut? The location of the hut is drastically different as well. I assume you will be using PoA and maybe other POtter movie establishing shots, but what of when Harry, Ron and Hermonie visit Hagrid (as I remember) both times in the movie?

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MWRK said:
Brilliant concept, brilliant work, but I have a question:
While you seem to be tackling the Whomping Willow issue, what would you do about Hagrid's Hut? The location of the hut is drastically different as well. I assume you will be using PoA and maybe other POtter movie establishing shots, but what of when Harry, Ron and Hermonie visit Hagrid (as I remember) both times in the movie?
Brilliant question! But my solution is not set in stone as of yet.

Either, I will have no great exterior shots of the hut revealing anymore than the trees in the background and around, or it will be replaced with different exterior shots from the later entires in the franchise. Though, in that case the scenes would be rotoscoped with different backgrounds and/or lightning, and set from different angles. Nobody likes a cheap solution in film.

MWRK

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, coolios, that's how I imagined you would tackle it too. But by looking at it, while static shots will be relatively easy, the tracking shots will be a little complicated, no? As I can remember there's a scene of the trio walking toward the hut at the beginning and then when Harry and Ron confronts Hagrid about the heir of slytherin and the ford anglia scene afterwards.
Thats true, nobody likes a cheap solution, keep up the great work man, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates on this :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE]

New opening is now out. I hope you enjoy the clip!

- New sound effects.
- New music.
- New color palette.
- Tighter edited.
- ... more alterations.

MWRK said:
Ah, coolios, that's how I imagined you would tackle it too. But by looking at it, while static shots will be relatively easy, the tracking shots will be a little complicated, no? As I can remember there's a scene of the trio walking toward the hut at the beginning and then when Harry and Ron confronts Hagrid about the heir of slytherin and the ford anglia scene afterwards.
Thats true, nobody likes a cheap solution, keep up the great work man, I'll be keeping an eye out for updates on this :)
Yes, it'll be tricky but that's why I am doing all this. I think it'll pay off! Thank you for your support and feedback!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE OPENING FOR COS : REVISITED

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[GENERAL INFORMATION]

I'm so eager to show you guys this one! I mean, the Sorcerer's Stone : Revisited is like major child's play opposite this edit editing-wise. It feels like I only edited part of the movie in Sorcerer's, while I feel I am seriously editing the entire movie here for the first time.
And this edit is dark! Really, really dark! Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and even Order of the Phoenix i feel have a more childish tone than this one, and with a good reason - because this movie is really all about death!

The entire tone and direction and editing style of this movie changes when Harry's Slytherin-like qualites emerges. And that is when he speaks Parseltounge in the Dueling Club. The scene is now so dark, with the snake even speaking parseltounge back to him, that it feels like we're witnessing Harry's death on screen. The faces of the people witnessing this are all like 'Holy shit! This guy, the fucking boy who lived, is the heir of Slytherin'. And then, right after, when confronted by Hermione and Ron by his unnatural ability, Harry starts to doubt himself so hard and starts to believe he is crazy. And that is when the edit really kicks off for me!

I've borrowed a soundtrack from a movie that really deals with dreamlike struggle and pressure and I find it so benefital to my faster paced editing for the scenes that follow after the emerging of the Parseltounge. I mean, one thing is to write all this and make you go 'Oh, sounds interesting but kinda easy! Almost all you do is edit the music?'. Well, to change the tone of a movie, music and pacing is everything. And with every single change in music, I will need an edited soundtrack; I will need to remove the old music, which often removes a great deal of sound effects, and I will have to make my own. So easy? No. It's very time consuming. And does it pay off? Oh yes! Oh yes, it does! This Chamber of Secrets will be so different in feel, tone and pacing that I believe it will blow you away! You haven't really seen this movie before. And I am so ready for you to see it!

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, one of the big problems that I have concerning continuity with the movies is one small and nitpicky detail. This detail has bugged me for years ever since I saw the half-blood pince, this one small error that the film makers decided to make was to change the appearance of the damaged book, that's right my problem with a series about a school of magic is that the damage to the book is not continuous throughout the movies. In CoS, Harry just barely pokes a few holes into the book when he kills the horcrux but when you fisrt see it again in the half-blood prince, it looks like this: http://www.polyvore.com/horcrux_book_tom_riddles_diary/thing?id=38107252
rather than this:
Normal_tom-riddles-diary-cover_1500b_thumb.jpg

Anyway, my point is that this small thing really bugs me so can you do something to fix this like show the book's previous "final moments" and then after just show harry still going at it and then cut back to the completely obliterated book? Thanks :)

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smithers said:
Hey, one of the big problems that I have concerning continuity with the movies is one small and nitpicky detail. This detail has bugged me for years ever since I saw the half-blood pince, this one small error that the film makers decided to make was to change the appearance of the damaged book, that's right my problem with a series about a school of magic is that the damage to the book is not continuous throughout the movies. In CoS, Harry just barely pokes a few holes into the book when he kills the horcrux but when you fisrt see it again in the half-blood prince, it looks like this: http://www.polyvore.com/horcrux_book_tom_riddles_diary/thing?id=38107252
rather than this:
Normal_tom-riddles-diary-cover_1500b_thumb.jpg

Anyway, my point is that this small thing really bugs me so can you do something to fix this like show the book's previous "final moments" and then after just show harry still going at it and then cut back to the completely obliterated book? Thanks :)
Hmm, you have a keen eye. Never noticed that.

But a fair explanation for this that popped into my head at once, would be that the basilisk venom has been etching through the book in the days and minutes after the stabbing to the cover, leaving it rotten and therefore the bigger and "nastyer" hole that we see in Half-Blood Prince. Just like a book's pages get dry and slightly torned after spilling water on it.

However, if people agree that this should be fixed I will change it. Or maybe make it clear the the basilisk venom etches through the book with some nasty sound effects?

I would like to hear people's opinions on this!

Andreas

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[UPDATE] 01/15/15

To show some of the major changes in color grading for this movie, you'll find a comparison in the spoiler right below.It is made to resemble the color grading of Prisoner of Azkaban, and I feel that it definetly suits the tone of the movie very well.
2u8z2tu.jpg

The Whomping Willow

This is the remake of the Whomping Willow sequence. It is much faster, doesn't take place outside the Hogwarts Courtyard to keep with the later continuity, have some new effects shots and keyframing and is color graded to fit better at night. Effects shots are added and some key framing done to remove or add certain elements. Most noticably, the flying car is attacked (by Dobby) rather than looking as if it malfunctions as it does in the original. It is attacked with a bludger, as I thought it would fit well with what he uses later on in the movie, during the Quidditch match. I just have this picture of Dobby in my head, standing in the courtyard sending bludgers at the car trying to stop Harry reaching the school. Hehe. A nice little touch. And it also makes it more cohesive when Dobby admits to the crashing of the car and the bludger at the Quidditch match, as this would kinda be his trait by now. I tried first for Dobby to send a magic spell at the car, but I just didn't think he would be able to do it from about a fifty feet down below and hit accuratly. It didn't feel as plausible or as "Dobby-ish" as that of a bludger.

As of right now I'm working on some keyframing for "The Duel Club", as the Expelliarmus-spell is white in CoS, but red in the later entries. I'm also working more on the keyframing for the Whomping Willow sequence, as it is not done yet, and I'm still re-scoring the entire movie with new soundtracks and a lot of new sound effects to replace the removal of the original. And there are still a lot of things left to do apart from that!

I am very much open for ideas, feedback and input! Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoyed what I've shown you up until now! :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Andreas said:
Hmm, you have a keen eye. Never noticed that.

But a fair explanation for this that popped into my head at once, would be that the basilisk venom has been etching through the book in the days and minutes after the stabbing to the cover, leaving it rotten and therefore the bigger and "nastyer" hole that we see in Half-Blood Prince. Just like a book's pages get dry and slightly torned after spilling water on it.

However, if people agree that this should be fixed I will change it. Or maybe make it clear the the basilisk venom etches through the book with some nasty sound effects?

I would like to hear people's opinions on this!

Yeah that's not a plot hole at all. It's a living, cursed book with part of an evil soul trapped in it that was stabbed by the most powerful venom of the most powerful snake in the world (by arguably the most powerful student at hogwarts) and then left in the dank, disgusting sewers for five years. I would consider it a plot hole if it looked the same after all that. It's not like the thing is a McDonald's burger (I hear those last forever), it's festered and decomposed, IMO as it should be.

Top Bottom