• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

BBC to Air Rescored Version of Drive

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jswert123456 said:
the reply had nothing to do about me not being able to view the video where i am at

It kinda did...

TM2YC said:
jswert123456 said:
well apparently its not availible in my area to stream online
If it's a UK only thing then it does need a preservation.

...but anyway back to discussing this 'Drive' thing y'all.

I don't think I mentioned before but they've included the original soundtrack on a seperate audio stream, which is handy :).

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
all i was saying was dang BBC not giving americans a chance to view it.
maybe if the reply had simply just said "its a UK only thing, someone should do a preservation of this"
written like that i wouldve got it.
that is all.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And he was agreeing by saying that someone should do a preservation of it so us Americans can see it.

*the more you know gif*

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(Back on topic.)

I definitely got to be on the outlook for this, fingers crossed for a decent preserv​.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i bet that would take alot of work without having the music free version the BBC had to work with.
but it would be fun to watch.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I assume the easiest way to preserve this would either be to just capture the HD stream or broadcast. If there's a quality drop or something or if the slight watermark/crop is annoying you could probably just take the audio from the broadcast and match their edit with the official BD.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
fingers crossed for a decent preserv​.

hqdefault.jpg

;-)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just found out about this. Good to see we have top men working on it!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is anybody aware of any other alternate Drive audio tracks that could be added to a preservation... other alternate Soundtracks, fan commentaries etc?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm now 99.99% sure that this version of 'Drive' is unaltered visually*. I've checked it at many points throughout and each frame matches the Blu-Ray timing exactly, from the first frame to the last (When both versions are compared at 25fps of course).

(* The only exception is that the closing credits are trimmed down by 3 minutes and 14 seconds).

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I'm now 99.99% sure that this version of 'Drive' is unaltered visually*. I've checked it at many points throughout and each frame matches the Blu-Ray timing exactly, from the first frame to the last (When both versions are compared at 25fps of course).

(* The only exception is that the closing credits are trimmed down by 3 minutes and 14 seconds).

If this is the case it will make your preservation efforts a fairly straight-forward thing. Despite reading the harsh reviews by people on the internet and listening to some of the songs featured in the rescore (and only liking some of them), still looking forward to this. [shameless plug]It's also motivated me to start doing some more work on my own edit [/shameless plug] :p

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Is anybody aware of any other alternate Drive audio tracks that could be added to a preservation... other alternate Soundtracks, fan commentaries etc?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ LOLZ

Last chance for UK viewers to watch this on BBCiPlayer tonight (Expires midnight)... but it's coming to a place very near here soon :).

I think it's a really great new soundtrack with a bit less Synth-Pop and more Indie. Obviously it's not a patch of the original but still pretty awesome. I especially enjoyed the Velvet Underground/Spaceman 3-esque sound of The 1975's 'Medicine':

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After doing a search on youtube for the Chvrches song "Get Away" featured in the BBC Rescore, I stumbled upon this clip from the movie:

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Just found these on youtube could be potentially included in the preservation:
*DISCLAIMER: I haven't watched these clips, so I have no idea if they are any good*

Again, I need to look at the rules and criteria for preservations but this could also be included:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
After doing a search on youtube for the Chvrches song "Get Away" featured in the BBC Rescore, I stumbled upon this clip from the movie:

Godamn it all to hell. The BBC3 stream ^ and the red-button stream have different credits on that one title card. Chr*st knows why.

15562406948_aae63c6ed4.jpg

So do I restart my preservation from scratch for this one difference? :x Probably not as I've still preserved one of the two versions but it'll really bug me.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Hotline Miami OST is a perfect fit for Drive (in fact, I think I recommended it in the thread for the Drive-ified version of Taxi Driver), so if the rules for Preservations allow it I'd say that those versions are also worth including.

Top Bottom