If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

BBC to Air Rescored Version of Drive
jswert123456 Wrote:well apparently its not availible in my area to stream online

If it's a UK only thing then it does need a preservation.

The red Button stream is indeed 25fps and at 544-576. I'll needed to do some audio/visual comparisons to work out if it's sped up or what. If it is at PAL speed there's no turning it back as that would slow down the music... then again the alternate original soundtrack must be sped up. Hmmmm.

FYI: The new version is 1 hour 33 minutes and 35 seconds (The original is 1 hour 40 minutes and 31 seconds). Even at PAL speed it's still shorter by 3 minutes.
ok not sure why you re-posted my comment, but ok.
It has been sped up to 25fps (I've just done a direct comparison between a scene from the new version and the same scene from the Blu-Ray converted to PAL speed) but the audio has been pitch-corrected as it doesn't sound any different to my ears at least.

Maybe converting the whole Drive BR to 25fps and cutting to match the BBC version would be the best way to enjoy this. I'll have a look at the quality of the HD stream next.
TM2YC Wrote:The next step is a Director releasing music-free copies of their films and actually asking people to have fun rescoring it. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

If I ever direct anything that gets on air, I'll put it in the credits (as written permission) that FanEdit.org members may manipulate my work. Standard FE rules still apply lol.
TM2YC Wrote:FYI: The new version is 1 hour 33 minutes and 35 seconds (The original is 1 hour 40 minutes and 31 seconds). Even at PAL speed it's still shorter by 3 minutes.

It's TV. They'll probably cut off or speed up the closing credits.
[size=x-small]"You can put it in one word: fear. Fear of what you'll do to him. Fear of punishment so vivid in his mind that he fears it even more than sudden death. [...] My point is that cruelty with purpose is not cruelty. It's efficiency. But a man will never disobey you once he's watched his mate's backbone laid bare. He'll remember those white ribs staring at him, he'll see the flesh jump and hear the whistle of the whip for the rest of his life." - Capt. Bligh, Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)

[/size]

jswert123456 Wrote:ok not sure why you re-posted my comment, but ok.

It's called "Replying With Quote" and it's very common.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Neglify Wrote:It's called "Replying With Quote" and it's very common.

Hey, cool!
Dwight Fry Wrote:
TM2YC Wrote:FYI: The new version is 1 hour 33 minutes and 35 seconds (The original is 1 hour 40 minutes and 31 seconds). Even at PAL speed it's still shorter by 3 minutes.

It's TV. They'll probably cut off or speed up the closing credits.

Good call! I checked and it's about 4 mins of credits on the BR and 1 min on the BBC broadcast. Mystery solved by Professor Dwight Smile.
im well aware of what its called folks, it just wasnt realy a reply to what i said is all. no big deal, just didnt make sense.
It absolutely made sense, you just didn't understand it.