• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

High Tension Minus One Edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, we improved it.

HIGH TENSION MINUS ONE EDIT

Still there are all 3 languages present: FRENCH ENGLISH GERMAN, but since quite a lotof people complained about the bad English dub, we finally included English subtitles to it, so you can now watch the original french with Englsih subtitles.
All audio is now 5.1, re-sampled for best audio output.

Besides that nothing has changed.

Maybe downloadable from info

Just for the fun of it :D:
You can still see the overall with the smilie at around 3:30 when Maria wakes up from her nightmare, and around 10 minutes when Alex leaves the car to go into the cornfield and I'm sure at a lot more times. If you really pay attention you can still connect the dots ;)

I've just seen the movie with a friend of mine (the original, not the FE) and slapped my head. How could I miss this the first time...

interesting... I never saw that overall. :)

My friend noticed the overall at once although he had never seen the movie. Strange thing, as I only noticed it this evening the first time.
I've watched the movie three times now, the original version, the fanedit (which was kind of appropiate given the fact that I already knew the twist) and yesterday the third time.

This is a movie that has been recommended to me already, so this is a good opportunity for me to watch a fanedit before the original and avoid any preconceived ideas. Guess I'll pick up the DVD, then watch the fanedit first...should be interesting.

hehe, for sure. :)

this is uploaded to RS on tehparadox and linktalk.

i have downloaded this FanEdit, but when i try to extract it says wrong password for both password options, plus the .exe file is encrypted. i am not familiar with this kind of file i guess, can someone help me here? im loving all your guys work, and this happens to be one of my favorite foreign horror films, any and all help is much appreciated. i have still not figured out the Mac(Apple) way for the HJ Split program, does this pertain to this file? also are the subs in the film hardcoded or removable? please help or give some advice, thank you guys for all your help and hard work!

the password is one of the 2 suggested ones. For a mac the extraction of the exe can still be a problem. jdownloader can't do it. You can try rename the exe to rar and if you are lucky, it works. Otherwise I suggest taking the files to someone with a windows PC and extract from there.

I posted a review on the main site but there was a slight technical issue so thought I would post it here:
There is an English audio track, so I'm not sure why asterisk8 had a huge problem with the subtitles.

Anyway, this was a very nice and enjoyable edit.
It was a little bit slow to start, compared to the original, but of course this edit makes alot more sense and therefore more enjoyable.

There was one slight technical problem though. Near the end, at the 1:08:35 mark, the audio changed to French on the English audio track.
It's only one or two lines of dialogue though, but I did have the subtitles on, so no biggie.

9/10

Title: Return of the Living Dead Workprint
Year: 1985
Genre(s): Horror, Workprint
Language: English
Approx. Running Time: 107 Min.
Directed By: Dan O'Bannon
Audio/Picture Quality: C

The workprint version is about 20 minutes longer than the theatrical release. Additional material includes:
An extended scene that takes place after frank shows Freddy the split dogs, but before he shows him the cadaver in the freezer. Frank shows Freddy a tank of oxygen and tells him how explosive it is.
A deleted scene after Frank shows Freddy the cadaver. Freddy asks how late are they working. When Frank tells Freddy, Freddy says he has a date with Tina. Frank says it's a good thing it's a girl because he was nervous about the earring Freddy had. Frank also tells Freddy that he has to close the cadaver room tight because it pops open.
An extended scene where the punks are walking down the street. After Casey says they should all go pick Freddy up, Tina says that it's only him and her alone going out, meaning that Tina never really wanted to hang out with them that night. This scene also has some more profanity and it also introduces the character Suicide as Trash tells the punks that he has a car.
A deleted scene as Freddy is looking at the medical book, Frank looks outside an says "It smells like rain!"
An alternate, and longer take of Frank telling Freddy about the events in the 1960's with The Night Of The Living Dead. This scene version of the scene also has some extra dialogue where Freddy says that Night Of The Living Dead was on of the best movies ever. He also says it's impossible that it's true cause he would have heard about it. An extended scene where the punks are deciding what to do. As Chuck suggests that they hang in the cemetery, Suicide says, "lets pay our fucking respects!"
A deleted scene that shows Scuz, Spider, and Casey looking into a mausoleum and seeing all sorts of debris littered inside by other people who had previously partied there. Spider replies, "I don't ever want to be buried in a place like this!" then Scuz pinches Casey as she calls him a dork.
Extended scene from when the punks are all screaming about the zombie in the basement. As Tina suggests they call the cops, Scuz replies, "no because they'll kick out a**!" Casey and Chuck then tell the others where they saw Freddy. Tina gets mad for them not telling her.

Where do I go to view the fan edit? This site isn't very user friendly

rachelsluv said:
This site isn't very user friendly
Well that's a bad way to say "I'm new here!"

Anyway...

Get the .dlc file from fanedit.info
Use jdownloader to open the .dlc file and download the .rar files
Use a unrar program like 7-zip to unrar the .rar files
Use a burning program like imgburn to burn to blank disc

rachelsluv said:
Where do I go to view the fan edit?
I suggest wherever you have a dvd player.

What she meant to say...

rachelsluv said:
Where do I go to view the fan edit? I couldn't be bothered to spend a few minutes reading the FAQ

this is a great edit by the way. i am a huge fan of the "released" version as it is, and always love a fans tweak they can give a movie to make it better in their own way. Thank You FanEditors!!!

This edit is available on usenet. It's been there for a while and I was able to download it perfectly fine. You can use binsearch to find it. I submitted an NZB for info as well.

Back
Top Bottom