• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Two DVDs on one disc keeping original menus tutorial using DVD-lab PRO2

Durophet

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello

I'm trying to find a tutorial showing how to put two DVDs on one disc keeping original menus using DVD-lab PRO2.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shouldn't this be easy work just by adding one additional menu in the beginning?
Lots of distributors do this. You pop in the DVD, you choose which film you want to see, then you end up in the original menu with 'play', 'scene selection' etc, and you move on from there.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This might be difficult (or even impossible) to do with DVD-lab PRO 2. You might have to re-author. :(

Alternatively, DvdReMake can do it. There is relevant information here. There is also a video on YouTube.

"[/video]

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Lots of distributors do this.

Distributors have access to tools that we don't. Doesn't mean it can't be accomplished (see the good Captain's post) but I just felt a need to point out saying "the pros can do it, you can too" doesn't really help.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Distributors have access to tools that we don't. Doesn't mean it can't be accomplished (see the good Captain's post) but I just felt a need to point out saying "the pros can do it, you can too" doesn't really help.

Hey Frink, no of course not, but perhaps I should have followed up on this by saying that I was specifically referring to home media distributors who put out really old slasher or horror films and such and always put two or three films on one DVD. Those production companies usually aren't that big, and their resources not that vast, so they could perhaps be using software available to us as well :)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El, the problem with both your posts is that you seem to envisage a studio's authoring (from scratch) a disc with more than one feature on it. That is relatively easy. What the OP wants is to take discs that have already been authored and to combine them on one disc while keeping the menus intact. This is not as easy, because most authoring programs are set up to allow users to import elementary streams and to design their own discs, not to tweak existing discs. (The latter is possible, but it's not the norm.)

Obviously, you're trying to help, and that's commendable; but it seems that you have not fully realized the practical implications of the original post. You might consider offering help only in areas in which your own experience bears closely on the issue; otherwise you might unintentionally mislead people. :)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Captain Khajiit, no, that's exactly what I meant as well. :)
Take two existing full menus from authored dvds, put them together on one disc, and then put one additional menu in front of those two menus in the authoring tool so that when you play the disc you first choose which movie you want to see and the dvd then redirects you to the original full menu that you took from the original dvd. Sorry if it wasn't clear. That's what I implied that some smaller studios do as well with combined feature releases. I've got a (retail) DVD of the (original) Children/Village of the Damned that does exactly that. You choose the feature, and then you see the full menu of that feature, where you can click 'play', 'scene selection', etc.

I realise I'm not a DVDLab Pro whiz, which is obviously why I asked for your help in another thread.
I suppose your DVD Remake video does exactly that :)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ In your first post, you asked: Shouldn't this be easy work just by adding one additional menu in the beginning?

The answer to your question is that most people won't find that easy work unless they happen to be familiar with DvdReMake.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
True, of course. I was thinking from the DVDLab perspective where you have a histogram interface to link menus together.
dvd%20lab%20bridge.jpg

I'm sure Durophet has what he needs with your video reply though :)

Top Bottom