• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

'Evil Dead' Is the Latest Movie Trilogy to Get the Fan-Edit Treatment

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Someone combined all three original Evil Dead movies into one four-hour epic ultimate cut.

"The self-styled “multimediatician” has edited all three installments (along with a few select cut-scenes from three Evil Dead-inspired video games) into a single, nearly four-hour movie, which he bills as “The Ultimate Cut.” Roush outlines the entire process on his blog, explaining why he made certain choices — like using the ending of the theatrical version of Army of Darkness instead of the darker, funnier director’s cut — and pointing out the major sequences he had to drop to keep events on a consistent timeline."

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/evil-dead-is-the-latest-movie-series-to-get-the-100248276532.html

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen a number of 3-in-1 Evil Dead edits pop up online over the years. All the ones I've watched were bad quality though, so hopefully this new one uses the Blu-rays and he didn't try to make a 1 GB 4 hour file.

hebrides

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
According to his blog, it looks like he did use the Blu-Ray sources, though the full-quality file (13GB or so) is 720p. He also mentions a lower quality version that he deliberately kept low quality so as to avoid any hint of competing with the official releases.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
hebrides said:
According to his blog, it looks like he did use the Blu-Ray sources, though the full-quality file (13GB or so) is 720p. He also mentions a lower quality version that he deliberately kept low quality so as to avoid any hint of competing with the official releases.
That's a respectable choice, but what fan edit has ever really competed with its source??

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Colton George Rushton

il1jaw.gif

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman

and really the question was stupid, it's down to personal preference.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha, still amused.
Sorry, WW, Neg's dancing jig shoulda been a warning I had added a lizard.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
KobaKommander said:
I just read through the entire thread. Oh man, that gave me a good laugh.
Yea me too. It was just horrible but fascinating.. like.. the Hindenburg, for example

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've nearly forgot what this thread is for. Let's return to it.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I've seen a number of 3-in-1 Evil Dead edits pop up online over the years. All the ones I've watched were bad quality though, so hopefully this new one uses the Blu-rays and he didn't try to make a 1 GB 4 hour file.

Low res is 480p and a 1.28 GB mov file.
Anyone can DL should they desire.
Fans can get a 720p version if they mail the good Dr Josh Roush a USB with 13.3 free space.

http://joshroush.blogspot.com/2014/10/re-cutting-evil-dead-franchise-into-one.html

Top Bottom