• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Couple Of Covers I Have Done

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nice cover for turing test, JJE!

i don't remember that back-cover quote from the movie, but whether it is or not, how about:
If I hid Ava from you so you could just hear her voice, she would pass for human. The real test is to show you that she's a robot and then see if you still feel she has consciousness.
which i feel better addresses one of the core themes.

there's also this solemn line:
I'm gonna tear up the fuckin' dance floor, dude. Check it out.
:-D

no obligations on any of this, of course. just interjecting for fun.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That quote is from the Art scene
Nathan: You know this guy, right? - Jackson Pollock. - Jackson Pollock. That's right. The drip painter. Okay. He let his mind go blank, and his hand go where it wanted. Not deliberate, not random. Some place in between. They called it automatic art. Let's make this like Star Trek, okay? Engage intellect. Caleb: Excuse me?
Nathan: I'm Kirk. Your head's the warp drive. Engage intellect. What if Pollock had reversed the challenge. What if instead of making art without thinking, he said, "You know what? I can't paint anything, unless I know exactly why I'm doing it." What would have happened?
Caleb: He never would have made a single mark.
Nathan: Yes! You see, there's my guy, there's my buddy, who thinks before he opens his mouth. He never would have made a single mark.
Nathan: The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to find an action that is not automatic. From painting, to breathing, to talking, to fucking. To falling in love...
Nathan: And for the record, Ava's not pretending to like you. And her flirting isn't an algorithm to fake you out. You're the first man she's met that isn't me. And I'm like her dad, right? Can you blame her for getting a crush on you?

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I accidentally poster one cover 3 times lol, I tried to delete the dupes but couldn't figure out how in edit post

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome Turing Test cover, man! I really dig it.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJE-187 said:
QO9mnC0.jpg

How come you put a DVD label on instead of a blu-ray (which the size is)?

If you don't mind, I'd like to add this to the IFDB listing. It's cool and the more options to download the better.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I only have a DVD burner so I put DVD logo's on the DVD's. I am putting everything in Blu-ray size cases. I will whip up a Blu-ray logo version and if you PM me your e-mail I can easily e-mail you the full res version

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have completely redesigned the spines and back of the Maniac double feature covers and you can find them in Maniac's idea thread. Here are 2 covers for the Lord of the Rings TV series edit that I whipped up to house my disc in
Wcx9LP3.jpg

O62hycc.jpg

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think you misspelled "lair"

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hubunkey said:
I have completely redesigned the spines and back of the Maniac double feature covers and you can find them in Maniac's idea thread. Here are 2 covers for the Lord of the Rings TV series edit that I whipped up to house my disc in
Wcx9LP3.jpg

O62hycc.jpg

I know you're not the biggest fan of my feedback but I wanted to say I like the look of these a lot. The heavy stylized font with the bold font colors and pushed to the edge font placement work really well together. 

I would suggest adding a red overlay effect on the back of Season One, to match up the feel with Season Two more, if you asked me what I'd do. But yeah, some good choices were made here.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the kind words Addiesin. Those were the first draft of those. I have since redone them with different art for the front and back. I guess I should update this with some of my newer covers

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have completely redone the Lord of the Rings covers to better batch the Game of Thrones covers I have on my shelf (which are base on the House banner slipcovers that were released).

1nW2uyw.jpg

jRlZO74.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It does look nice. Curious though, why did you want to include the barcode?

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
It does look nice. Curious though, why did you want to include the barcode?

I actually did that for 2 reasons. 1 the original cover I based mine on had barcodes and 2, without the barcode there would have been a empty space on the back and I didn't really like it being blank. Here is one of the covers I based mine on

NXegSKx.jpg

I have updated my original post with both covers now (and I fixed the cover for The Hobbit because I accidentally had the synopsis for The Lord Of The Rings)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah. You could remove it and then center the text or put a logo there. The barcode is just so....HUGE ;)

Also, justiying the synopsis text might be more appealing to the eye?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might be cool to do an alternate second one with the tree in white or silver on a black background. Or maybe darken the yellow text on the white one. Solid designs though. They match the Game of Thrones cover well.

Edit: Or you could even do alternates of both and print your inserts double-sided.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ya I am tinkering with an alternate for Season 2 because even i'm not a fan of the white, but I did it because I thought Black & White would look cool on the shelf next to each other but it really doesn't look all that good

I noticed I needed to do something about the wonky text placement, I might completely retype it using a custom synopsis instead of the cut and paste I did with what I have know.

Thanks for the input fellas. I have a free weekend from kids so I will be tinkering with them and see what I can come up with

*NEW UPDATED VERSIONS*

I5u7yCL.jpg

N0yMxBL.jpg

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some WIP for the X-Men Continuity Series. I am looking for ideas on the back if anyone has any. Right now I just plan on using the logo and then a synopsis under it

W8g3Z3t.jpg

9cFXBYX.jpg

8MHZnMl.jpg

Top Bottom