• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Couple Of Covers I Have Done

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am not the most talented person when it comes to making covers and I know these are kinda amateurish but I thought I would share them anyway

A friend did this one for me
jb68mp.jpg

w8m0j8.png

1zef2uu.jpg

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thumbs up when I saw the first cover, just for that you deserve a thumbs up :)
Positive remarks: the blurb on the back of The Thing is too big and could use a spelling check. (EDIT: apparently it's a copy from the original back cover... Kind of disappointed with the cut and paste job to be honest.)
Cool front pic :) I'd personally put the picture of the wolf on the front. Isn't the front cover giving away too much now?
Here's a thought: tranzor's title is good, put 'the thing' in the same size right below that, and then an entirely black cover, except for the white wolf and white ground at the bottom (same height as on the back) and a lone white moon in the top right corner? :)
Obviously not my intention to hijack this thread but here's a VERY QUICK mock-up to show what I meant:
idQ8FShup

I'll play nice and start my own thread now :)
diabolique cover is spot on :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The front of the Diabolique cover is very Criterion Collection. Nice work!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the Grindhouse cover.

Really like the Diabolique cover, though I think the FanEdit.org on the back should be smaller and more subtle.

All good stuff. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^I agree. I see the front cover and I think Criterion Collection. Then I see the words "FANEDIT.ORG" on the back and I think Transformers.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I usually use whatever elements I can find on google for covers lol. I think the fanedit logo on Diabolique might be from a Transformers edit. I plan on tweaking a lot of them and that's the main reason I posted them. I do ALOT of copying and pasting in my covers (I hate having to type a lot of stuff) and I only use MSPaint so they will be really basic looking. I am going to be redoing the back of the Diabolique cover soon and will re-post it. The Thing cover uses an image that my daughter picked, I just wasn't a huge fan of Tranzor's skull cover and wanted something else for it so I did that in like 15 mins a few months ago.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are a few more I have done recently

4jtc14.jpg

29o4ch1.jpg

rw48i1.jpg

33lmc06.jpg

72c1w9.jpg

2nw0v3p.jpg

2s16kyd.jpg

I know these are not actually a double feature but I wanted a cover to store them together
fxrm84.jpg

and I know this isn't for a fanedit but I thought I would share it anyways
ipzk78.jpg

mikedrew87

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
These covers are amazing. I just edited my listings on database with your covers should be up soon. Thanks again for taking the time and effort for creating these masterpieces. We really appreciate it. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work all around, JJ, keep it up! :)

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work dude, I really dig the Godzilla one.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, nice work. If you PM the creators of the fanedits in question and get their approval of your covers, I'll add them to the relevant IFDB listings.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys, and TM2YC, MikeDrew has already upped the covers for his edits and I will contact the other 2 editors to get their approval hopefully :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI: I've added all the covers for mikedrew87's edits to IFDB. Thanks

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks TM2YC
Here are 2 covers for MikeDrew87's Frozen Death, I couldn't decide on the title logo I liked so I will just share both and let people decide
az9l5.jpg

148kbrp.jpg

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A cover for Evil Ed presents Heavy Star Wars Episode III
257hi0o.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha, that's pretty great!

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the kind words Frink

Here is a cover for Neglify's Animals edit
23vau1i.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Hmmm, some serious problems with that one IMHO.

The image quality is very poor and pixelated. The colours are clashing and over-saturated. The front image is squashed horizontally. There are basic errors in the text and I personally really don't like the font sizing, the font selection or any of the text layout. But apart from that it's good ;-).

As Frink said, that Heavy Star Wars one is great work :) but that Animals one has gone a bit wrong.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ya I re-did that Animals one a few times and couldn't quite find an image I really liked except that really low-res one I used. I am still searching for artwork for it and will keep tinkering with font's and everything.I did it at like 4 AM lol. I am constantly re-doing and changing my covers on an almost daily basis because I always find something wrong with them or something I just don't like. I will continue a search for a good style for Animals and see what I come up with next for it Thanks for the criticism it really help motivate me find better resources for the covers

Top Bottom