• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Netflix Recommendations

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So I have been bed ridden for a few days with a strained back, so I have been watching lots of Netflix. I love Netflix, as I end up watching a lot of shows I would never otherwise go to a theatre or rent to see. It occurred to me we should have a thread of recommendations and reviews of docs, movies and tv shows....

KNIGHTS OF BADASSDOM

Low budget indie flick that is silly fun with lots of familiar funny faces. I giggled lots. 7/10.

DEAR MR. WATTERSON

A real fascinating doc about the mysterious creator of Calvin and Hobbs. 9/10.

MINDSCAPE or also listed on Netflix as ANNA

A good B-movie thriller, sort of Inception-ish. Found it strange though that it is entirely a British/European cast/production/location, but everyone is doing American accents. 7.5/10

Good idea. There's a lot of great stuff on Netflix, though most of it falls under the radar of the average viewer, and the recommendations function is comical at best.

My queue is filled with tons of potentially brilliant stuff I never seem to get a chance to watch.

watched a film called Iceman the other day, it was enjoyable. Michael Shannon performance probably elevated the film from so so to good.

[video=youtube_share;CJIXOx2-GZ8]

hope your back gets better, BB. i trust nubile wood nymphs are massaging your back?

ahem. back to the topic @ hand.

Birdmen—The Original Dream of Flight

documentary on wingsuit flying. a look into the evolution of the sport and the mindset of the people who do it. . . and sometimes die. cool soundtrack.

I know that voice - documentary about cartoon voice actors.

The punk singer - documentary about Kathleen Hannah of bikini kill

I'll have to check my Que cause I can't remember.

elbarto1 said:
I'll have to check my Que cause I can't remember.

Check your what...lol.

elbarto1 said:
I know that voice - documentary about cartoon voice actors.

I watched that one, and really enjoyed it. Another similar doc is THAT GUY...IN THAT THING. Very interesting look of the world of character actors you see all the time in movies and tv and what their lives are like.

Weird, I always use queue. I don't think I'm British...

TV's Frink said:
Weird, I always use queue. I don't think I'm British...

72962183f069e046a2936bf63cce2ab4d1c617927fb20a08fc14fdb198d759b3.jpg

I think you're correct. For some reason I've always wrote "Que" probably because I'm a stupid dummy head.

Back
Top Bottom