• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Womble adding extra frames during export

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished and exported an edit in Womble, and when I checked the exported file, there were several extra frames added. Problem is, I cut some stuff in the middle of the shot, plus I overlapped my audio cuts to smooth things out so if there were extra frames added they'd be tricky to pick out, or it could off-put the sync. Is there anyway to ensure that no extra frames are added during export?

use the 'clear gap' option with your cuts, since i started using it i haven't had any 'extra frame' problems

Seeing as I've already completed this (and done it twice) is there anyway to redo it without having to start from scratch again?

I had the same problem. What I did was to export the audio and video seperately, and then reload those new files into a new womble project. Then I removed the extra frames, and resynced the audio. It worked great.

You could also try using TMPGenc to export your womble file.

I've been using it to export my video, and womble directly to export the ac3 5.1 mix.

When I try to export the Womble file (*.wbp) it says the file type is unsupported. Do I have to somehow select the encoder in Womble?

Are you trying to export using TMPGenc? If you are you have to activate the womble plugin in TMPGenc.

Alright...now, it wants to export a 4+ GB file, when Womble (for the settings I have) will only export a 2.6 GB file, which is what I want due to the nature of my edit. Dammit...

You can adjust the bitrate to a higher or lower setting, to change your output size. I have found that 5000 kb/s is the lowest I like to go, and I usually go for 6000 kb/s, but use whatever you want for what you're doing. TMPGenc will show you what size the output should be, but it seems to overestimate what it will actually be.

Plus I also think it's figuring in the audio output into that number too, so I suppose the number could be a bit higher because of that.

If you're exporting a 5.1 mix, you should use Womble directly. Make sure it's putting out an AC3.

I know. I was going to use Womble to output my audio, anyways. Never had a problem with their audio exporting.

Can you with womble spilt the music out of the film and just keep the sound effect

wyatt0502 said:
Can you with womble spilt the music out of the film and just keep the sound effect
no, like I told you in the email, you need other software for that.

dont know but hypercube will (which is free) or cinematize pro (which isnt)

as for extracting the sound effects it all depends on the channels and how they are mixed. Yes, Vegas can split the file into the separate channels, if you import it correctly and if you have the ac-3 plugin installed and activated.

Back
Top Bottom