• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Dark Knight Saga Recut, The - Part III:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My personal impression of Nolan's final entry in the Dark Knight trilogy is that it is an excellent film, but a very bad Batman movie. After loving the first two movies, I left the theatre after watching RISES feeling very frustrated. On one level, blown away at the craftsmanship and artistic nature of the film. On another level, completely blown away at how out of character everyone was from not only the last two movies, but from the iconic source material too. Thus, RISE is my least favourite of all the Batman films (yes, I even like Batman and Robin better...LOL-- I really need to see a therapist)But now I have NJVC's version of RISES to enjoy. And enjoy it I did. While the film still suffers imo from many inherent character development/motivation issues that can not be altered, I loved how njvc has cut away all the excess baggage, and streamline the story so it is now moving like a runaway train.This may sound odd, but I really loved that njvc cut out Mathew Modiene as much as he did, as I have always loved the actor's work, and by removing all his smarmy scenes, he really redeemed the character and made his death more tragic to me.I will not repeat all the praises that others have posted, as they are much more eloquent than I could ever be.... Technically, it is solid edit with great cut and audio work. If I am to nitpick, I wish njvc had taken the time to dial down all of Bane's dialogue, as I was constantly adjusting my volume control on the remote during and after every single Bane scene.For me, this cut is a definite improvement from the original, though still my least fave of the Nolan trilogy. NJVC is to commended for his great work. Thumbs Up. :)

More...

Top Bottom