• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bionic Covers

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, nice covers. I was hoping you'd use the image of Kirk in that uniform.

Any chance of a 15mm blu-ray case sized cover?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Yes, nice covers. I was hoping you'd use the image of Kirk in that uniform.

Any chance of a 15mm blu-ray case sized cover?

hhmmmm..... I know I used to have a template for blu, will have to see if I still it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The complete collection series continues....
NrlDfgil.jpg

WLcdUOdl.jpg

I will probably complete the series with Exeter, Farragut and Hidden Frontier.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The old dvd shelf is once again getting too full... so it is either cull or collate time lol

So I created this simple, semi-chronological dvd collection design for my beloved TARAZN movies....

WVZsDldl.jpg

jfFpDHjl.jpg

je1WW2vl.jpg

626tAw4l.jpg

2h7mRFRl.jpg

8P9whXql.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
awesome! I love space savers. great job, bob!

Thanks!  :D  Still working on the final volume 7, so many Tarzans... can't decide who deserves the front and who gets relegated to the back of the bus lol

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those are GREAT Bob! :)

I see you are using imgur? How do you like it?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I see you are using imgur? How do you like it?

It's FREE!!!!!!!!   So I love it!  :p

It is also very user friendly.  I highly recommend it. :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Working on another shelf space saver....

Not sure if the back cover works... too cluttered?  more blending?

4p2A3kDh.jpghttp:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Made some minor tweaks to the rear cover....

1bmyg2Oh.jpghttp:

A childhood favourite show!  
MAN FROM ATLANTIS premiered in 1977 on NBC as 4 tv movies.   All which still stand up pretty well considering the passage of time.  
The movies were successful enough that the network immediately ordered it to series the same year.
Only 13 episodes were produced, which is just as well, as the story quality dropped tremendously.
Still, it has cult silly fun quality featuring some nice FX model work.  
All available through Warner Brothers MOD archive.  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another shelf space saver I made....
lhZp5d0h.jpghttp:

A great sci-fi concept created by the legendary Kenny Johnson -- a modern WWII resistance story using alien "visitors".  The original 4 hour miniseries aired in 1983 and it still holds up wonderfully.

The sequel 6 hour miniseries  The Final Battle, aired in 1984, but was made without Ken Johnson.  No where near as deep or thoughtful as the original, it is still a very entertaining and solid action adventure sequel.

Then came the weekly television series in 1984-85.  It started out fairly decent for the first 8 to 10 episodes, though it was mostly just an action show with none of the allegory of its previous incarnations.  But the show quickly devolved... half the cast was axed along with most of the budget... and it became alien Dynasty LOL.  Still it has it's silly charms.  The series ended on an unresolved cliffhanger.

Ken Johnson wrote a sequel novel entitled V THE NEXT GENERATION based on script proposal he did for the Networks, but they passed on the project.

In 2009 there was a reimagined reboot that ran for 2 seasons on ABC.  It had some interesting bits, trading the WWII metaphor for modern terrorism.  But most the characters and plots were bland.

It was announced last month (March 2018) Ken Johnson was developing a theatrical remake of V.
It seems you can't keep a good franchise down.  :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alternate cover for an oldie edit.... 

9hasJtYh.jpghttp:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a fun project I have been working on for myself -- THE ARROWVERSE COLLECTION.

I never liked the official generic non-unifying dvd art.  Or that for reasons unknown, the Flash sets have a 22mm spine.  While procrastinating on the old internet, I stumbled upon this custom art by St. Shark....

5iubJEXm.jpg

The basic designed inspired me to try and create something similar for myself.  The key differences I wanted to make for the spine:
1. Have a logo that represents the specific Greg Berlanti created Arrowverse and NOT all DC tv shows.
2. Highlight as many of the Arrowverse heroes as possible, not just the character leads.
3. I wanted the spine numbering to represent the chronological viewing order of the all the series and not the seasons.

And for the front and back covers, I just wanted something more comic booky, less polished... so I loaded the background with various easter egg comic book covers.

These are are by no means sophisticated or refined cover art, just simple fun I made for myself and thought I would share.  :D

PHASE ONE:
56kdZ1ym.jpg

rs0aNB3m.jpg

ciBFAEDm.jpg

TShzdrom.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...revised....
EPBTV2ol.jpg

Flash Season 4...
8o7BGP2l.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...final revision -- removed the Arrow logo from poster background...
a5SgQH3l.jpg

Supergirl season 3...
EkOTemql.jpg

Top Bottom