• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Bionic Covers

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Very well done Bob!

Thanks!  :D
Currently working on covers for Star Trek Continues.

Funny, the last month or so, I have been creating dvd art and collating my massive dvd collections (sequels, franchises, series, etc) into newer, slimmer cases to make more room on my shelves.  Then I turn around and do something this... lol.... separate cases for individual episodes.... any room I had gained is now gone. :p

But I love this fan series, so I figure it is worth it for now.  :rolleyes:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna wait and put all the 1080p episodes on a blu-ray when they finish the ST:C series. Maybe with a @"bionicbob" designed cover? ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I'm gonna wait and put all the 1080p episodes on a  blu-ray when they finish the ST:C series. Maybe with a @"bionicbob" designed cover? ;)

If you share the blu-ray, I will "make it so"!  :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nothing fancy, but a cover I made for Gene Roddenberry's trio of pilots about a post-apocalyptic Earth....

zmWYC59h.jpg

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Cool!

I don't think I ever saw Strange New World, but thoroughly enjoyed the other two, just some good old fun, wish at least a season was made for one of them., they both deserved it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
^ Cool!

I don't think I ever saw Strange New World, but thoroughly enjoyed the other two, just some good old fun, wish at least a season was made for one of them., they both deserved it.

Roddenberry had departed the project after Genesis II and Planet Earth, but all his concepts were essentially retained.  SNW is basically two scripted episodes retooled and edited into a single movie.   It is typical 70s tv sic-fi... both good and bad... LOL.  But I have a deep fondness to them.  Plus, John Saxon rocks!  Why he never became a bigger star is beyond me?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
It is typical 70s tv sic-fi... both good and bad... LOL.  But I have a deep fondness to them.  Plus, John Saxon rocks! 

Good/bad 70s sci fi tv, yes please. Totally agree with you about John Saxon.

bionicbob said:
Why he never became a bigger star is beyond me?

I don't know why it is beyond you??? ;) (...well, I laughed...(I'll be good and quiet now and eat my veggies))

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Slark's fan edit of Doc Savage!

I love the Bantam Doc Savage book covers of the 1960s and 70s!!

So I thought I would try combining the two!!! 

WAVEPIbh.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice cover Bob. :) If I may make a few small criticisms:

The black surrounding the Doc Savage title logo on the front cover isn't actually black. I can see on my screen that you cut out a portion and pasted on the front. Adjusting the levels will fix that. (you may want to calibrate your screen).

The title font is a custom job, but there may be some fonts that approximate it better for the spine text than the Arial or whatever generic sans-serif font that you used. Maybe try Albertus?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Nice cover Bob. :) If I may make a few small criticisms:

The black surrounding the Doc Savage title logo on the front cover isn't actually black. I can see on my screen that you cut out a portion and pasted on the front. Adjusting the levels will fix that. (you may want to calibrate your screen).

Good point.  I thought I adjusted it enough, as on my screen I could discern not the difference.  I will fix that.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]
The title font is a custom job, but there may be some fonts that approximate it better for the spine text than the Arial or whatever generic sans-serif font that you used. Maybe try Albertus?
[/font]

I used WhatTheFont site and came up with Interstate Compressed Bold.  It looks pretty close to the old spine covers, which were very bland.  Though the "Slark" portion could use some tweaking?  But I will give Albertus a try, just to see the difference.

Might also tweak the positioning of the back image of Doc and his Fab Five Crew.

Thanks for the tips.  :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Take TWO....
PeTF21Eh.jpg

I adjusted the black around the front cover Doc Savage logo.... I can not see the difference on my screen? Can you?

Cleaned up around Doc's head.  Adjusted the rear Fab Five pic.  Altered the spine font slightly for "Slark", otherwise kept the font the same as it is very similar to the Bantam font used.   ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For David Kerin's APES epic....

M4KM9nbh.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
TM2YC said:
bionicbob said:
...and the voyages CONTINUE...

I'm gonna wait and put all the 1080p episodes on a  blu-ray when they finish the ST:C series. Maybe with a @"bionicbob" designed cover? ;)

If you share the blu-ray, I will "make it so"!  :D

With STC concluded, it's time to "make it so"! ;) I was thinking about mking a 50GB disc with all 11 episodes on (for simplicity) so a blu-ray cover with some basic episode-info on the back would be great.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
With STC concluded, it's time to "make it so"! ;) I was thinking about mking a 50GB disc with all 11 episodes on (for simplicity) so a blu-ray cover with some basic episode-info on the back would be great.

Working on some cover art, hopefully will post by the weekend. ;)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who put all 11 eps on a single disc....
(though I wonder if I should tone down/lose the 50 Anniversary glow?)

EELAYUAl.jpg

Also working on a 2 Volume cover set, should be done by tomorrow.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For those who may have burned each individual episode on to separate disks, here is a two volume set....

U5IYnuEl.jpg

DP99IVYl.jpg

:D

Top Bottom