If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Bionic Covers
Not directly fan edit related, but with rumours that past episodes of Star Trek New Voyages may become unavailable in the new year, I started to rebuild my dvds with better quality video files and creating some covers to go with them....

[Image: HavUERj.jpg?1]
"... let's go exploring!" -- CALVIN.
^ Great work, Bob!
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
For David Kerin's latest BSG spectacular edit....

[Image: hkc3DV6l.jpg]

[Image: sCtwvBel.jpg]

[Image: BfIbwUnl.jpg]
DVD art for L8wrtr's HOBBIT saga....

Volume One:
[Image: s687E1F.jpg]

Volume Two:
[Image: KPvaKS2.jpg]

...and the Complete Journey:
[Image: 9SSDc0E.jpg]
Very, very nice indeed!

(FYI: I noticed the "dropped" shadow is missing from the paragraph text on the back cover of volume 1. It's there for the runtime and fan-THX stuff etc)
well done Bob!
(02-02-2017, 07:01 PM)TM2YC Wrote: Very, very nice indeed!

(FYI: I noticed the "dropped" shadow is missing from the paragraph text on the back cover of volume 1. It's there for the runtime and fan-THX stuff etc)

Actually there is drop shadow there, but because the background is so bright, it looked really bad, so I instead "spread" the drop shadow to darken the background make the lettering easier to read.  Not the best solution, but the only one I found that satisfied me.
Right on!
So I am toying with creating a complete 6 movie collection cover for my Star Trek edits....

Just curious, does this work with McCoy inserted or does it just look plain bad????  I too tired and can not tell anymore...  Blush Huh  

[Image: b0S1FUs.jpg]

I am leaning towards awful...  Confused lol
Not awful at all, just more contrasty then spock and kirk, reduce the contrast or adjust the levels for his face if you can, its almost there, maybe just upping the brightness of McCoy will do. I love it already!