• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

"Loki: Brother of Thor" fan edit makes news

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
**NOTE: Originally I somehow mistakenly put "Thor: Son of Loki" in the thread title, hence everyone's (understandable) jokes that follow. :) **

I just heard about this, so I haven't had a chance to watch it myself, but since no one here seems to have heard of this fan edit yet, it seemed worth mentioning.

From the editor's text:

"My goal was to chronicle the character development of Loki into a single narrative. You'll notice I took out a lot fluff and even some beloved fight scenes, only because I was trying to focus the film on Loki and his relationships. I also inserted all of the relevant deleted scenes (you'll notice that they haven't been fully rendered and mixed), several of which add great depth to his story and family dynamics. A big challenge was bridging the end of Thor and the beginning of The Avengers, explaining Loki's exile and involvement with the Tesseract *before* he portals to earth. I created a montage to kinda show all that, even pulling a clip from Guardians of the Galaxy. ..."

http://io9.com/all-of-tom-hiddlestons-marvel-footage-edited-into-one-l-1629316103

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor: Son of Loki? What is that, a sequel to Chinatown?

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit was submitted to the site, but we just need to verify the origin of some of the source material before it can be approved.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
This edit was submitted to the site, but we just need to verify the origin of some of the source material before it can be approved.

Meesa say instant disapproval. It contains a clip from Guardians of the Galaxy, which is yet to be released on home video. Unless the clip was taken from a trailer or promotional material, I smell piracy.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The shot of Thanos from GotG was released officially by Marvel marketing.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Approval, says UA? :-D Got interested at first, but not any more since it would be shot down, but if it's going to stay... :)

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks UA, detective [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] discovered the same thing. Good news! The edit can stay. :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The thread title still cracks me up. Loki: Brother of Thor becomes Thor: Son of Loki. :D

Looks like Vimeo have already nuked it. Unsurprisingly.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why is that worthy of a smile?

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I flicked through the edit very briefly before it went kaput, and I did quite like how they dealt with the time between the ending of Thor and the beginning of The Avengers.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thor: mother-in-law of loki

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor: Father's Brother's Nephew's Cousin's Former Roommate of Loki.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh! "SON of Loki"? What was I thinking? LOL! :oops: And why can't I find the way to edit the title of this post? When I click "Edit," it only allows me to change the text of the post, not the title. But I've seen others change the title before.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
Ugh! "SON of Loki"? What was I thinking? LOL! :oops: And why can't I find the way to edit the title of this post? When I click "Edit," it only allows me to change the text of the post, not the title. But I've seen others change the title before.

Click 'Edit' first, and then 'Advanced Edit'. That let's you edit the thread title.
TV's Frink said:
Why is that worthy of a smile?

You're right :( Does the Academy still have the files to review it?

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
Click 'Edit' first, and then 'Advanced Edit'. That let's you edit the thread title.

Thank you! Whew.

I have no idea what I was thinking at the time. I didn't even have the names in the right order, let alone their relation to one another!

I put an explanatory note in the first post because I deserve all the mockery I get. :lol: But at least now the thread title is accurate.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked the previous title. It had charm.

Welcome back to momentary sobriety, th1138. :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The edit had been blocked by Vimeo but now they've unblocked it. Go figure.

Top Bottom