• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman II: The RKS Edition

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tagline: You'll believe a sequel can fly!

original film name: Superman II; The Richard Donner Cut
new film name : Superman II: The RKS Edition
film studio name : WB
edit crew name :
Date Original Film Was Released : 2006
Date Edit Was Released : Feb 2008
Original Runtime : 115 mins
New Runtime : 136 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added : Added 25 mins, cut many minor things

Cuts removed/added/extended :

After the disappointing release of The Richard Donner Cut many fans have decided to make their own movie using elements from the original theatrical release as well as the Donner Cut.

Unlike many other fan cutters of this movie I have attempted to edit a movie that simply tells a logical and more exciting story that will appeal to a broader audience rather than being made for any one individuals taste. The original theatrical release was a bit too jokey (Richard Lester's fondness for slapstick had far too much influence on the story) and Donner's version was woefully incomplete due to him being fired from the original shoot.

This is a COMPLETELY re-built version of Superman II using the best elements from both movies with a whole new opening credit sequence and many, many changes and edits.

Here is a rundown of how this new version plays:

LC (Lester Cut) DC (Donner Cut)

Original Red WB logo
LC space into DC kryptonian trial
STM re-cap using DC credits (brando holds a green crystal instead!) Opening credits end with PZ floating in space & fade into DC earth zoom
DC daily planet up to Lois whistling at her ?discovery? (no jumping out the window etc.) we see the start of her suspecting Clark is Superman
DC lex in prison with LC ?life plus 25? dubbed in?.coz its better!
LC daily planet up to ?that?s why they call them terrorists?
New paris sequence part 1 showing the terrorists etc just to set the scene
LC Clark exiting daily planet to alleyway change (re-scored with music from STM)
New paris part 2, Lois climbing tower, Superman arrives a bit quicker now! Music plays all the way through.
LC lift into space with close up of Supes watching the lift fly off (taken from STM but substituted missile for lift)
DC villains release ending with LC villains flying to moon
LC/DC moon encounter with thorne/Williams music
LC intro to prison then DC lex?s escape plus Lex?s balloon flying over the wall
DC honeymoon haven intro then LC room interior minus vibrating bed
LC/DC mix for Lex to fortress and fortress interior. I have done many things to this scene but it ends more like the RIC (and there is no toilet flush) I have also included an extra scene trying to show some of ?Zod?s insurrection? as part of Jor-el?s tutorial
DC Lois/Clark (gorgeous, gorgeous!) but when Lois sees Clark without glasses we see a close up of her smirking (concluding somewhat her earlier suspicion of Clark is Superman.)
DC boy rescue minus ?he?s jewish?
LC Lois and Clark (where were you?)
DC villains arrive (no Houston or strange surface talk) DC snake
LC lois jumps in water but trimmed dialogue so that she goes straight into her accusation speech, cut Clark dialogue screeching "oh god!"...twice, why?? He surely has switched into rescue mode, it would be his instinct, so why flap like a normal person would do?
LC lois and clark and YES?.. the pink bear (sorry to all who it offends!) but it just works and its well acted
DC/LC police (no skunk sweat) music all the way through, I have tried to end this scene with a bit more of an ominous tone
DC flight to fortress with thorne music
LC east Houston re-cut to make the tone more menacing (no arm wrestling, no finger beams)
LC Supes and lois, shopping etc
DC TV guy but no ?planet Houston? from Zod, an insert of the president watching this, we see ZOD on TV and TV guy mentioning that there are gunships on their way. (This shows that the whitehouse is aware there is danger here so they are going in guns blazing. Also some time has passed before the army arrive, they just don?t show up anymore.)
LC Supes & lois having dinner
DC TV guy cut with LC street battle, insert again of president watching on TV
DC helicopter battle, re-cut so that the gunships fire a couple more times and Ursa starts to walk forward at the right time. (Initially she is stood still, then a long shot shows her walking, then she is stood still again!!)
DC de-powering with LC close-ups of lois and closer chamber shots of Reeve, jor-el fades from view, ending with LC clark and lois
LC ?I am general ZOD?re-cut for a more global TV audience feel, unfortunately no CGI!! Re-cut villains destroying Mt Rushmore & the Washington monument cut with LC lois & clark
DC attack on whitehouse
DC diner scene, fade to LC clark to fortress with exterior shot of the fortress glowing green slightly
DC re-powering, lighting changed to make it more like LC and reeve?s voice lowered so he doesn?t sound so ?whiney?. Re-cut jor-el touching clarks shoulder we see a fading hand and a fading jor-el slowly disappearing into the background rather than ?sliding off the screen? like in the DC. No ?jerky? close-ups
LC lex at whitehouse with DC mixed in
LC daily planet intercut with DC villains trash the office (?use a door knob? back in)
Re-cut Superman returning to metropolis, with LC/DC mix
LC start of battle then DC ?you are a fool? onwards.
Re-cut ZOD blowing up cars (he faces the right way ALL of the time now.) Zod begins to heat up the tanker THEN Superman sees it and flies in. Previously its like he guesses Zod is about to hit the tanker
DC ?blowing away? the streets of metropolis (minus the guy on rollerskates!)
DC villains return to daily planet plus LC ?the three of us will crush the son of our jailor? and ?lets take his favourite?
LC/DC villains flying to fortress
DC villains fly into fortress and villains/superman encounter
LC close-ups of de-powering cut with DC exterior of villains watching
DC picture with LC soundtrack for this sequence, LC close-up grabbing Zod?s belt, DC Superman lifting Zod etc, LC Lex figuring out what has happened, re-sequenced close-up of Ursa watching what is happening.
LC ?too late luthor!? much more aggressive take as opposed to the smirky DC version
LC Lex ?got a proposition? then arctic police sequence with ?smallville strongboy? cut out
DC destroy fortress and return to metropolis
LC zoom out from Lois?s apartment then LC daily planet
LC kiss memory wipe but used music from STM when Supes finds Lois dead, so this links the two movies in a subtle way, Supes is changing her life again!!
Fade out to a dawn sequence fading into a metropolis cityscape to show a transition of time
DC daily planet ?north pole!? etc
LC diner and flag ending with MOVING FOUNTAINS!
LC fly over the earth (its longer AND better)
DC fly by then DC credits minus the Donner fur and cigarettes apology (noble sentiment but do me a favour, this is a Superman movie not an eco-friendly, animal rights film)
End title card against space background stating simply ?Superman will return?
Static black warner logo

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):

2.35:1 PAL Anamorphic.
Dolby Digital.
Scene Selection Menus
Cover art and disc picture template included.

Your intention for this fanedit: To create a more satisfying, coherant and (hopefully) enjoyable sequel to the original movie

Your way to achieve your intention:

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Pinnacle Studio 9, Sony Vegas 7, DVD architect, Goldwave Sound editor.

Additional Comment:

Time needed for the edition: Far too many months to count!

persons involved: RKS (Red Krypton Son)

Additional information links:

Additional downlaod links:

rkspicture2ts3.jpg

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow! that looks like one hell of a project 8)

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am watching this now and so far seems pretty cool,but it has been a long time since I have seen the both cuts of Superman II,the only complaint I have so far is,why is it 4:3 letterbox,I assume you used the DVD's for this and weren't they 16:9 anamorphic?

also wasn't there more in between Superman saving Lois in France and the Canada honeymoon in Niagara Falls,it just jumps right to that after the 3 super villians escape and Luther escapes,it makes you wonder why the heck they are there?

like I said it has been a while since I have seen these,but so far quality is pretty good.

also 1 more thing,you have this listed in this release:
2.35:1 PAL Anamorphic.
Dolby Digital.
Scene Selection Menus
Cover art and disc picture template included.

well where is the artwork? I do not see any anywhere,was it suppose to be here but you forgot?

and for those that want to know about menu's,it is a simple static menu,no sound just play and scenes options,but the scenes are motion,no sound there either,for those that are curious.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK I finished this and it was pretty good,the only other part that sticks out as funny is when Luther asks Zod for Cuba,and then in Superman's home he calls him ruler of Australia,did you happen to chop a little to much out there LOL.

if I had the power to post the "approved" pic I would,so you will have to wait for someone else to do it.

now I will have to go back and watch the other versions to see why they were in Niagara Falls,and why Zod called Luther ruler of Australia,when he said Cuba in your cut.

I think I remember more scenes\dialogue before the super 3 Villians went to the President too,but I could be wrong.

ps. PowerDVD says it has DD 5.1 sound,but on my surround system I heard nothing from the sub or surround speakers.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and this is hereby approved.
18596830yi7.png

thanks, DJ, for the comment.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon,
Is the guy that created this a member here?
also do you have the supposed artwork that was to be included,it would be nice to print this up and put it away.
thanks

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will contact the faneditor for the cover art. I don't think he is a member of the forum yet.

RKS

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dark jedi said:
OK I finished this and it was pretty good,the only other part that sticks out as funny is when Luther asks Zod for Cuba,and then in Superman's home he calls him ruler of Australia,did you happen to chop a little to much out there LOL.

if I had the power to post the "approved" pic I would,so you will have to wait for someone else to do it.

now I will have to go back and watch the other versions to see why they were in Niagara Falls,and why Zod called Luther ruler of Australia,when he said Cuba in your cut.

I think I remember more scenes\dialogue before the super 3 Villians went to the President too,but I could be wrong.

ps. PowerDVD says it has DD 5.1 sound,but on my surround system I heard nothing from the sub or surround speakers.

Hi there Dark jedi and thank you for watching my cut. I will try and clarify some of the points you make. The 'ruler of australia' is correct with the original version of the movie.

When Lex is in the Whouse with the villains he does indeed ask for australia and then at the DPlanet he also asks for cuba. To be totally accurate Zod would have to refer to Lex in the fortress as 'ruler of australia AND cuba'!!! which might be a bit of a mouthfull!

Also the explanation for being at niagara falls appears in the DC before they get there but it is linked with Lois jumping out of the DPlanet window (which is not something i was including in my cut.)

In the LC there is no explanation prior to them arriving, so indeed they do just happen to be there (as in my cut also) but Lois does bemoan the fact that she is there because of "Perry White and his sunday magazine exposes'" which lets you then know after the fact why they are there.

The picture is from the DVDs and so is 'anamorphic'. I can only think that your dvd player may only be set on 'letterbox' instead of 'wide'. The picture is definately 'squeezed' when my LCD is in 4:3 mode, I have to select 16:9 to 'stretch' the picture out.

The sound as far as I am aware is Dolby surround at the very least. The movie was rendered with 5.1 sound but when I mastered the dvd, the option i used was AC-3 Stereo (I have not been impressed with the 5.1 effect from my software so i just stuck with stereo.)

I hope this has cleared up a few questions, and again, thank you very much for reviewing my cut, your comments are most appreciated.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RKS can you post the artwork,it was not included?

thanks

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
theres art work on FE

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
theres art work on FE

thanks I got the cover art,but where is the disc art,it says there is artwork for that too.
I like to print on the disc,so disc art is very cool to me,I wish everyone had disc art for there releases.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(why does he also have no user type?)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have no idea why he is shown with zero posts. Looks like a forum bug.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that was me... now it's a custom user type.

RKS

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi guys. I thought I had included the artwork within the download (this is the first time i've done this so I guess something had to go wrong!)

I will e-mail boon with the disc art tonight and hopefully it can be added to the cover artwork.

Thanks for the interest on this, I hope some who download will be kind enough to post comments on the listing (or here.) Feedback i always welcome.

Thanks again and sorry for the mix up with the artwork!

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon did he send you the disc art yet?

I have this disc just sitting on my printer just waiting for some ink.

thanks

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes, he has, I only need to uplaod it. Will do it asap.

Top Bottom