• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hamlet 2: Mr. Marschz's Opus by TM2YC

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

HAMLET 2: Mr. Marschz's Opus

Faneditor Name: TM2YC
Tagline: Rock me sexy Jesus!
Original Movie Title: Hamlet 2
Genre: Comedy / Musical
Fanedit Type: Extended Edition

Original Release Date: 2008
Original Running Time: 88
Fanedit Release Date: September 2014
Fanedit Running Time: 89
Time Cut: 2
Time Added: 3

Brief Synopsis:
Those who can't... teach. Dana Marschz (Pronounced Marschz) can't act, so what else could he do to follow his dream but teach Highschool drama.

When his world begins to fall apart he has no choice but to try to stage the most insane musical every conceived. A sequel to Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' with a little help from a time-machine plot device.

This is the extended edition. This Mr. Marschz's Opus.

Intention:
TAKE ME TO YOUR CINEMA presents a simple fanedit of a crazy film.

Although I'm not 100% sure if it's genius or madness, 'Hamlet 2' is fast becoming one of my favourite cult-comedies, so there isn't much that needed improving. I just wanted to see the deleted footage restored to it's proper place, add a missing sombre titlecard to the last act and to remove the few scenes that strayed away from following Steve Coogan's wonderfully unhinged performance as Dana Marschz.

Other Sources: 'Heaven's Gate' Soundtrack (Ella's Death)

Special Thanks: Thanks to whatever mentally-ill person (or persons) agreed to let them make this film.

Release Information: PAL DVD-5
Special Features: Motion menus and Chapter-Selection

Editing Details: This is a fairly light edit of a cult favourite film of mine, that I've done in a couple of evenings. I've simply added the deleted scene of Dana and his wife not having sex and trimmed a few scenes/moments where the focus shifted away from Dana. When we were not watching him, the crazy factor dipped a bit, so I wanted to fix that.

Cuts and Additions:
- Added FE.org titlecard
- Added TM2YC titlecard
- Removed 'Focus Features' titlecard (It's followed by another FF title anyway)
- Changed 'Hamlet 2' titlecard to add new fanedit title
- Added deleted scene of Dana and Brie. Colour graded footage to match the rest of the movie. Added extra soundFX and added brief piece of linking music from 'Heaven's Gate'
- Removed scene of Rand betraying Mr Marschz to Principle Rocker (It wasn't needed for the plot and didn't feature Dana)
- Removed brief scene of Brie and Gary driving away (We didn't need to cutaway from Dana's misery)
- Shortened intro to scene of kids talking (The first half wasn't about Dana so it had to go)
- Removed scene of Cricket being interviewed (It had nothing to do with Dana)
- Brought forward and trimmed scene of Rand agreeing to come back (I didn't want it to interupt the flow of the musical and it reflects better on Rand that he comes back straight away, rather than after he's seen the success)
- Added Epilogue titlecard (It felt odd that the faux-artsy titlecards were dropped for the final act, so I wanted to correct that)

Trailer: (Features naughty language. You have been warned!)

Artwork:

Hamlet2_3DView.jpg

Nice one TM2YC! Interesting trivia, my friend Phoebe is in this movie, she plays one of the students - I think her character name was Epiphany.

njvc said:
Nice one TM2YC! Interesting trivia, my friend Phoebe is in this movie, she plays one of the students - I think her character name was Epiphany.

Wow really, she's one of the main characters. She plays the young Christian Drama student 'Epiphany', who through the power of Mr Marschz's teaching has an epiphany, and learns not to be mildy racist about Hispanics! :lol:

This is her singing 'Rock Me Sexy Jesus'...

phoebe-strole-hamlet-2-o.gif

info is now available on this fanedit if you know where to look ;-).

btw there are some quality Hamlet2 animated gifs out there :lol:...

ibCxLYL.gif

zW9tKXX.gif

tumblr_mh0j1tpprJ1s3e8wvo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mwn4toN6mD1qawzz3o2_250.gif

Thanks for the review njvc...

njvc said:
If you liked Hamlet 2 the first time, you'll enjoy this new edit from TM2YC. It's a very gentle edit, so much so that only a couple of scenes have been altered, but I think the added focus on Dana and the uninterrupted performance of Hamlet 2 are an improvement and help tighten up this little comedy gem. Some edits make you feel like you've been raped... in the FACE!! But this one won't, because it's good. Thank you for rocking me, sexy TM2YC.

...I wasn't sure anybody would go for this one, it's not exactly a Marvel, Star Wars or Batman edit, in the well-known stakes. I didn't change much (Not much neded fixing) but I'm glad that what I did change worke for someone else too.

This is my favorite film, so I'll have to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom