• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Never Sleep Again by mikedrew87

mikedrew87

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fanfix of 'A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)'

Original runtime: 95
Fanedit runtime: 44
Time cut: 51

Cuts and additions:

Cut Intro
Added new intro with music
Cut entire diner scene
Cut funeral scene
Cut all school scenes from beginning of movie
Cut Kris having dreams in school
Cut Kris going home and having Dreams
Cut Kris being thrown around the room with Freddy(Very stupid in the original)
Moved scene where parents murder Freddy into a dream sequence with Nancy while she takes a bath
Cut out Quentin from dream sequence of Freddy getting killed by parents
Cut out swimming scenes
Cut Nancy and Quentin confronting Nancy's mother and Quentin's dad
Removed ending credits
Added new credits
Added new ending music

My reason for this edit was simple, at first I was going to create a episode based series on horror film remakes. By cutting down on some pointless elements of each film and create around a 40 to 50 minute feature. So that is why the minutes are so low. I tried to keep all the plot intact so it's not confusing. But all in all, just wanted to create a Masters of Horror type feel to them. So after doing some of these movies I just figured to release them as single feature films. With these remakes I wanted to like them, but man!, it's hard. So I just thought lets make them shorter, faster paced and just maybe enjoyable.

mikedrew87 said:
More details to follow.

Just so I'm clear on this, you've finished the edit, correct?

TV's Frink said:
Just so I'm clear on this, you've finished the edit, correct?

Yes, I just added some VERY temp details ^ because the edit had no thread for me to link to on the IFDB listing. I'm sure Mike will add more info soon.

Only 44 (fourty-four) minutes? :shock:
Are you going to include some extras to fill up the DVD or is this digital release only?

Wow... this could almost be a contender for a consecutive short edit :-D
On the bright side, this could make for a very easy viewing and rating, because it won't take much time to finish it :)
I'm very curious to see what you've cut out and how it flows.
Is this edit already finished?

Don't know about the title though. But it's just that this obviously reminds me of the Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy DVD.

When will this be out [MENTION=26847]mikedrew87[/MENTION] ?

Originally the concept for these edits were that they would be episodes of a "Tales From The Crypt" style TV show called "Tales From Hell". Hence the short runtimes.

Kal-El said:
Don't know about the title though. But it's just that this obviously reminds me of the Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy DVD.

I've got to agree with Kal-El. I just hope you're not planning on titling your Friday The 13th one "His Name Was Jason" or "Crystal Lake Memories". :D

Frantic Canadian said:
I've got to agree with Kal-El. I just hope you're not planning on titling your Friday The 13th one "His Name Was Jason" or "Crystal Lake Memories". :D

Uh-oh...

mikedrew87 said:
After discussing this idea of a TV Show with the wise Neglify, I've decided to take some of his advice and make this a six episode season. <snip> the fifth episode will be His Name Was Jason (Friday the 13th 2009)

:heh:

Never Sleep Again is going to be released soon. I'll be sending off the links to info in the next couple days. As for the name I honestly didn't know about a Elm Street Legacy Dvd. If I did I might have chose a different title for this movie. But I'll have it up and hopefully you guys will enjoy it. Thanks.

I'm interested in checking this out. I own the new movie as it was gifted to me but honestly I've never watched it as had no interest in a terrible remake that doesn't even feature so much as a cameo of Robert Englund. Perhaps I'll watch this short edit first and then watch the theatrical version to see how much more I enjoy the edit. Honestly I don't care for the Nightmare of Elm Street series but the cheesiness of the bedroom scene in the original is one of the best moments in my opinion even though it's incredibly stupid.

mikedrew87 said:
As for the name I honestly didn't know about a Elm Street Legacy Dvd. If I did I might have chose a different title for this movie.

It's an excellent documentary on the entire NOES franchise. They even touch upon the TV series and the remake. The whole thing is 4 hours long. But even at that length it goes by pretty quickly. I wish it had been longer. It's got a pretty decent set of extras too, including extended interviews.

I'm assuming you're aware of the "His Name Was Jason" documentary though. And if you're a fan of the Friday The 13th franchise you definitely should check out the "Crystal Lake Memories" documentary. It's by the same people who did the "Never Sleep Again" documentary. This one though is just over 6.5 hours long, and yes, even at that length it still feels too short. If you pre-ordered through the official site you received a bonus DVD with an extra 4 hours of interviews. Some are extended interviews, others are completely new. I unfortunately pre-ordered through a small video store here so I didn't get the bonus disc, but the documentary itself is well worth the money.

RollDamnTide said:
I'm interested in checking this out. I own the new movie as it was gifted to me but honestly I've never watched it as had no interest in a terrible remake that doesn't even feature so much as a cameo of Robert Englund. Perhaps I'll watch this short edit first and then watch the theatrical version to see how much more I enjoy the edit. Honestly I don't care for the Nightmare of Elm Street series but the cheesiness of the bedroom scene in the original is one of the best moments in my opinion even though it's incredibly stupid.
Stupid? Seriously? BOTH bedroom scenes are two of the most innovative, chilling horror movie deaths in cinema history. Have you seen Dr. Sapirstein's extended cut on Nightmare on Elm Street? It adds another camera angle to Depp's death. Fantastic work.

I will definitely check out that documentary on Nightmare on Elm Street for sure. I have seen the Crystal Lake one and it's really good, I like how it covers every single movie. I also just watched More Brains! A Return to the Living Dead documentary and it was really good.

mikedrew87 said:
I will definitely check out that documentary on Nightmare on Elm Street for sure. I have seen the Crystal Lake one and it's really good, I like how it covers every single movie. I also just watched More Brains! A Return to the Living Dead documentary and it was really good.

I believe in Crystal Lake, 'cause I believe in me!

I just downloaded the dlc for this and your other post (The Boogeyman) and there's nothing in them. I thought my jdownloader might be bad so I downloaded another dlc and the contents open with no problem.

Re-submitted DLC links to info. Hopefully they will be up soon. Thanks.

Can't wait to see this. I actually loved the remake so this would be very cool.

Hmm, this isn't a huge problem but in the future could you make a DVD version for the cover art since I don't own any BR discs to burn?

Derek,
Yes I will definitely make both DVD cover art in the future for the fans who like DVDs. I think I'm going to start doing DVD-5 and DVD-9's along with the digital releases in the future as well.

Back
Top Bottom