• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Fallen Hero:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
First of all, this is a huge accomplishment-- to meld two films so flawlessly to create a unique narrative detailing the decline and redemption of a damaged man, none other than Clint Eastwood, is definitely as hard as it looks. Wraith has continued in his tradition of brilliantly mashing up thematically connected films (much like his Matrix edit) to come up with a deeper and more insightful version of Gran Torino, if such a thing were possible. Here we have the story of ageing Clint, living out his last days in suburbia while reflecting on his tough militaristic past (courtesy of Heartbreak Ridge), and how his spirit of encouraging and training potential marines is resurrected in his old age as he trains a young Hmong boy. How Wraith concocted this perfect brew is a testament to his skill, all I can say is, narrative-wise, this movie blew me away, and top marks for story/ enjoyment.I gave 10s on A/V because I did not notice any problems at all. Everything flowed smoothly, with no rough cuts.All in all, an edit I will definitely watch again, and is part of my collection.A Must-Watch for any Clint fan!Kudos Wraith. You did it man.K

More...

Back
Top Bottom