• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

This Isn't The Podcast You're Looking For...

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently discovered an awesome Podcast from a Melbourne Comedian named Steele Saunders, called "This Isn't The Podcast You're Looking For". It's hilarious, and a must listen for those of us who grew up with the OT, survived the prequels and have still managed to hold onto some excitement for the new trilogy.

If you're interested, I would recommend starting from Episode 1. Anyway, given that he is a fellow Melbournian, I sent him a message to see if he would be interested in a chat about fan-edits, specifically Star Wars edits, unsure if he had heard of this site before. Sure enough he already has a copy of Pulp Empire, and would love to chat about fan-edits, so we are arranging a fanedit.org related episode in the near future.

EDIT: Here is a link to the interview :)

Sounds like a treat.
Do you think this will be limited to Star Wars, or might you range further?

Certainly I will discuss other edits as well, but I imagine that the conversation will mostly focus on SW.

aweshum, new jersy vice!

so frickin' cool that he has been PULP EMPIRED.

So the podcast is being recorded tomorrow. Should be nerdy good times. Listening to last week's episode, it turns out that the host (Steele) only watches fanedits of the prequels, rather than the original cuts. I'll have to clarify which ones, but it sounds like they might be the Phantom Edits... So it will be a good opportunity to introduce him and the listening audience to how far fanedits have progressed since then!

Off the top of my head, the SW edits I'd like to discuss with him are:

Historic/Essential:
The Phantom Edits
Adywan's Revisited series
Harmy's despecialized
Red Letter Media's prequel reviews

Fixes:
L8wrtr prequels
Q2 Trilogy
The Cutter's unfinished work

Mixes:
War of the Stars I and II
Ridiculous Trilogy
Luke Skywalker Saves the Galaxy
The Star Wars: The Lost Workprint
Pulp Empire

The convo should last for about an hour. I'll look forward to sharing it with you on the other side :)

Sweet, sounds like fun.

I might humbly submit my own somewhat recent prequel trilogy edits as discussion fodder, or at least a mention from a list.

njvc said:
So the podcast is being recorded tomorrow. Should be nerdy good times. Listening to last week's episode, it turns out that the host (Steele) only watches fanedits of the prequels, rather than the original cuts. I'll have to clarify which ones, but it sounds like they might be the Phantom Edits... So it will be a good opportunity to introduce him and the listening audience to how far fanedits have progressed since then!

Off the top of my head, the SW edits I'd like to discuss with him are:

Historic/Essential:
The Phantom Edits
Adywan's Revisited series
Harmy's despecialized
Red Letter Media's prequel reviews

Fixes:
L8wrtr prequels
Q2 Trilogy
The Cutter's unfinished work

Mixes:
War of the Stars I and II
Ridiculous Trilogy
Luke Skywalker Saves the Galaxy
The Star Wars: The Lost Workprint
Pulp Empire

The convo should last for about an hour. I'll look forward to sharing it with you on the other side :)
Great list, I think it covers the spectrum of differences between the Star Wars edits really well.

Oh I forgot, what about 'Star Wars Begin' et al and the new-ish genre of documentary Jamie Benning has made for himself, the self-styled "filmumentary". These are some of the most "official" fanedits around with industry people contributing interviews and Lucasfilm appearing to be tolerant of them being freely distributed.

Well, that was heaps of fun. I think the chat went for about 1.5 hours, and while he had many questions about Pulp Empire, I also had time to plug all the edits I mentioned, and threw is a reference to your use of Yoda's chat with Qui-Gon, [MENTION=8536]Hal9000[/MENTION]. There was also plenty of time to bag the prequels and the special editions, and while he claimed to not hate the prequels, I'm pretty sure we uncovered a deep seated hatred of them if he's being truly honest with himself.

So I was correct that he has only watched the Phantom Edits and Pulp Empire. It was great to introduce him to a whole new host of edits, and plug fanedit.org and IFDB in the process. I'll look forward to posting the interview shortly.

Very exciting. I just listened to their first episode, and it sounds like we're in for a treat.

I'll check it out tonight. And suddenly I have a hankering for Pulp Empire. Boba Fett's head exploding and all.

Neat, my podcatcher was able to find this. Looking forward to listening.

That was fun to hear; nice job! I'm in for another treat, as I realized I've conflated Pulp Empire with War of the Stars 2 and haven't actually seen it. I will soon though.

Enjoyable listen. Good job. Love the closing music - warm nostalgic fuzzies.

Awesome episode. A real treat to hear you talk about Star Wars, your edit, and fanediting in general. And thanks for the mention of my edits, much appreciated!

Although...penis jokes? I don't remember doing that.

Thanks for listening guys! TV's Frink, I had meant to say sexual innuendo but said penis jokes instead. :der: Did you also catch the part about the special edition explosions? That was for you as well ;)

njvc said:
Did you also catch the part about the special edition explosions? That was for you as well ;)

I did, indeed! :)

Back
Top Bottom