• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Star Wars Reimagined:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched this over the course of 4 nights. I guess i will start out by saying: I honestly don't understand why anyone ever creates a fanedit longer than 2.5 hours. I just don't get it--but maybe that is just my problem and I tried to go into this one as open-minded as I could.I thought you did an excellent job of making the plot work and never showing a completed Death Star. Overall, that aspect worked very well. The first huge issue is between the 1st movie and the 2nd. We're on the Falcon and Luke is upset about Ben; Leia is about to console him...... Suddenly we see something in space falling to a frozen planet where Luke is out riding around on patrol. That made no sense at all. If you could have found some footage of the Falcon flying toward this planet, or landing, or anything, it would have made a big difference. As it is there is no transition. However, once you get over that bump, as well as prior to that bump, things flow pretty well and smoothly. Going into the 3rd movie is less of a jolt, though Lando and Chewie say they are going after Han, while Luke, Leia, C3PO and R2D2 say they will meet at a rendezvous point--next thing we know is Leia is rescuing Han and 3PO is there... It's an issue with the actual continuity between the original films, but it isn't a big deal.In general, it is always fun to watch the original Star Wars trilogy, but at 5 hours, I would just as soon watch all three of the originals. I think you accomplished your goal regarding the Death Star very well and IMO no aspect of that didn't work. Solely from that point of view, this works. The rebels are fighting to prevent the completion of a Death Star from start to finish. Remembering this is the driving plot, it is easier to overlook the bumps in the editing along the way.

More...

Back
Top Bottom