• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Star Wars Reimagined:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Video quality on this was as expected...unfortunately that's where the good news ends for me. If you are going to tackle an edit on a franchise that has been flogged to death I think you have to start from the position that: A You have an original take B You had better be close to flawless I get that everyone starts somewhere but if you are a novice, pick something less challenging, if you are experienced, don't take a short cut. VISUAL EDITING - 5/10 There were far too many clumsy transitioned scenes or scenes in odd places...I could repeat what is below but I'll refrain. AUDIO EDITING - 4/10 If you are picking a movie with loads of music you are already setting your self up for trouble, and STAR WARS is no exception. There is an abundance of CD scores material to assist in these situations but there were so many poorly executed fades etc that it's a distraction. Familiarity of the viewer will get in the way if you know the movies inside out but if well executed a transition which is unexpected should cause joy and surprise in the viewer...as in "WOW that was well done". If you are not familiar with the source material...you won't notice and that's why my score is 3...even someone new to this would think it had been edited by a TV company for running time issues to grab a few more ad slots NARRATIVE - 5/10 I agree that overall the story structure does works really well but again there is a sense that this was rushed and did not get polished over again and again (something which I have been guilt of in the past). Take your time and be critical...don't fall in love with the source; serve the story you want to tell. With some work this could have been an outstanding edit ENJOYMENT - 3/10 The issues above just got in the way too often for me. In fact by the last hour I had already figured what was coming and how to trim another hour and just felt let down by a magnificent structure which was just upsettingly clumsy. At this point I would still say watch this to see how a story can be structured if you are interested but a warning to other editors "Choose with care and don't rush".

More...

Top Bottom