• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Teresa Banks and the Last Seven Days of

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
(Note. The following is criticism not of the faneditor’s person or character, but his work.)A/V Quality – 10/10. Very nice! Editing – 7/10. Overall the editing was decently done, but at times it felt obviously Frankensteined together. Some of the transitions were a bit clunky (and I will note them in the forum thread). I think it lacks a certain finesse and more time should have been spent fine-tuning. It came across, to me at least, that the editor said to himself, “This is good enough” and was more eager to release it than to work on it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that’s the impression I got as I watched it. And I have a strong annoyance at people (not just this editor and not just the people who visit this site) who are in too much of a rush to get to the finish line and cut corners hastily, turning out something that could have and should have been better.Narrative/Improvement – 9/10. In terms of the-(almost-)longest-version-you-could-watch, this was excellent. The pacing was great and the editor mostly chose well for what goes where. I’m not a huge TP fanatic so I don’t have a problem with the way the days of the week were laid out. Although I do think some of the forum comments are valid, and I especially think it could have been recut and shuffled around a little bit more, but I guess that wasn’t the purpose of this, which is fine.The only major criticism of narrative is misplacing the “discovering Laura’s body” shot, which Q2 says he’s fixing in Version 2.…….I’ll add my 2 cents about the scenes that didn’t make the cut.Coop & Diane – Agree it’s not needed and throws the tone and rhythm off. If I were editing this and someone had a gun to my head, telling me to put it in or I’m dead, I would have had it as an end credits teaser after 2 minutes of black screen. (But it could be utilized in Northwest Passage – The HD Redux.)$10,000 & Laxatives – These could have and should have been included. It would have required some editing, but it’s pretty simple to do. And they’re good story/character scenes, so why not.Enjoyment – 8/10Hells to the yes this extended version was awesome. If it only were put together better.

More...

Top Bottom