If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Best youtube downloader
Megatube works great for me on Windows 8.1. You get to choose format (mp4, flv, etc) and quality (medium, hd, etc). Very easy...
You can also use "Free Rapid Downloader" which is very similar to JDownloader.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Thanks for all the advice guys!
I use FlashGot, a download manager for Firefox/Thunderbird.
Non sum qualis eram.

Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Decoding Video and Audio
Captain Khajiit's Quick Guide to Encoding a BD via the Command-line
Captain Khajiit's Basic Guide to Encoding with HCenc

For tech support, PM me (politely) or use the @+username function: I rarely read through threads these days.
I use YTD Video Downloader, it works well. Suggest you try that out.
I always use DVDVideoSoft, it's free and there are no limits to it except small ads at the bottom. That doesn't bother me at all.
Sometime I use http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Annoying little adds here and there but it downloads things Jdownloader have trouble to do sometime.
"Always in motion is the future"
My instagramMy BLog - All my fanedits at IFDB - Q&A with TMBTM (from 2012) 
I just started using clipconverter in the past week, now that (for some reason, possibly temporarily) jdownloader isn't recognizing youtube clips anymore. I have to say I'm finding it more convenient to use.
Does JDownloader preserve the quality of the video from Youtube?